Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Waterproof trousers
  • handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Anybody use these for the trails (not commute)?

Any positive reviews??

Cheers

Spin
    Free Member

Do you sweat at all?

If the answer is yes then waterproof trousers will mean you get wet from the inside.

z1ppy

^ wot he said, though my experience was from several years ago, it was cold and damp. I rode with some altura trousers for about 5 wet rides and gave them up in favour of lycra, it just works so much better (even when soaked). I’ve had those (not cheap at the time) trousers knocking round for years now and never been tempted to try them again.

Cheezpleez

If it’s [list]very[/list] cold and wet or you’re only doing a short non-strenuous ride they can be great. Otherwise you’ll sweat like a pig.

Cheezpleez

^ that’s odd

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I recommend a pair of MTFU’s 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I keep thinking of buying a pair, not because I want dry legs, but to stop the water running down my legs and filling my MT91s. I may try some form of gaiters, home made or otherwise.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

I figured as much……was just considering alternatives…..will scratch this one…..

yorlin
    Free Member

You get a stripped down version, front of the thighs to over the knees… Rain Legs I think. Seems like they might do the job.

Adds – yep http://www.rainlegs.com/en/home

gravity-slave
    Free Member

WTF!

Looks just the ticket for you Hendo!

yorlin
    Free Member

😆 I did hold off posting that pic. Is he on his way to a pyjama party? 😀

mattjg
    Free Member

ex-army gore tex are OK and cheap (20 quid or so) so no biggie if you don’t get on with them, you can also cut them down or pull the long ones up a bit

it’s nice not having to hose your legs down when you get in, and they are long enough to stop the wet running into your boots: big win

buy one size up from normal, they’re intended to be over trousers

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Re the picture above, can I make a “squeezing into some tight chaps” joke?

On a serious note, I’ve been very pleased with my Altura Attack goretex shorts, for both commuting and winter off-roading, although your feet still end up wet (even with sealskinz) due to water running down your legs.

Basic rule – if it’s raining heavily, you’ll get wet somehow. The trick is not to get cold.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

A kind of mountain bike apron….like it. Have ordered two.

😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof trousers’ is closed to new replies.