• This topic has 20 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Waterproof SmartWatch – what is looking good?
  • DickBarton

Unsure why but I’m tempted by a SmartWatch for Android. Needs to waterproof and able to stand a few bumps…got a protrek (g-shock with added features) which is great but big.
    I fancy something that can be used for fitness tracking and heart rate as well as I’m needing to get more active.
    Not looking to spend a huge amount but what is decent to be looking at?

funkmasterp

I’m in the same boat, but want something that can sync with Strava or something similar for cycling. Sorry for hijacking 🙂

Cougar

STW, last month:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/smart-watch-do-they

Vivoactive seemed to be popular IIRC.

tymbian
    Free Member

Fenix 3 hr

jam-bo

Garmin 235 hits the mark for me.

tewit
    Free Member

I’m thinking about getting a Suunto Traverse. Looks good and just over £200. No heart monitor though.

Alex

Vivoactive HR. Used a screen protector with mine from new. Wrist based HR, GPS, long battery life, decent App (Garmin Connect), connects to strava etc, lots of different modes (walk, run bike, gym, etc) long battery life even with GPS on, colour screen. I replaced mine with a Fenix but only because I’m a gadget tart 😉 Mine’s for sale if you’re interested 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Vivoactive HR is reasonable and does most of what you want.

Fenix 5 if you minted.

DickBarton

How much for the Vivo hr?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Traverse comes with the smart HR if you buy the right package.
    I have one although since getting the Apple watch its sat on my desk.

Jamie
    Free Member

How much for the Vivo hr?

I should really post a LMFGTFY link, but cheapest at the mo is £170 if you order from GoOutdoors tonight as they have 10% off all departments till midnight.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/garmin-vivoactive-hr-gps-smartwatch-p400044

DickBarton

Cheers, but I was asking Alex about the one he is selling…I’d already googled to get the value of a brand new one…obviously hadn’t made it clear enough.

Not looking to spend a huge amount

Mine’s for sale if you’re interested

😉

Alex

Sent you a PM. Felt I’d derailed this thread enough 🙂

tewit
    Free Member

I have one although since getting the Apple watch its sat on my desk.

You’ve far too much time on your hands. 🙂

Seriously though. How is the Traverse, any good?

hammyuk
    Free Member

It’s brilliant tbh
    If I hadn’t got the apple then it would be my daily wearer.
    Simple to use, all notifications sent to it, etc
    Full gps, routes, haptic feedback works great.

Cletus

My Vivoactive HR seems to have died due to water ingress. Only took a shower wearing it. Will see if it recovers but not too impressed

Cougar

Warranty claim, no?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If yer on Facebook, join the VAHR group, some info on those failures Cletus, defo a warranty issue.

Nobby

My Vivoactive HR seems to have died due to water ingress. Only took a shower wearing it. Will see if it recovers but not too impressed

As Cougar says, should be a warranty issue if it is water ingress. Mine’s been on a couple of dives below 10m & the usual swimming/showers etc without any issue at all.

epicsteve
    Free Member

As Cougar says, should be a warranty issue if it is water ingress. Mine’s been on a couple of dives below 10m & the usual swimming/showers etc without any issue at all.

Not used mine diving yet but it’s used swimming loads of time (as well as in the shower) without issue. Definitely should be a warranty issue.

Jamie
    Free Member

My Vivoactive HR seems to have died due to water ingress. Only took a shower wearing it. Will see if it recovers but not too impress

For what it’s worth. In the manual it has the caveat that it’s waterproof as long as you don’t press the buttons.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof SmartWatch – what is looking good?’ is closed to new replies.