Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Waterproof shorts – Why ?
  • Pieface

I always thought a crud catcher would suffice, but bought some as they were only £45 and worth a punt at that price. Crud catchers do help to keep your bum dry but are no measn perfect and do nothing about the rain that falls onto you.

They are warm and keep you dry. Much better than wet lycra.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sorry I should have used a crass American phrase instead.

I remember you getting all het up about the full guards thread a while ago. It was quite amusing.

Agreed trail_rat I was out for about three hours and my feet and hands were like blocks of ice, my arse and thighs were warm and dry though.

AndyP
    Free Member

'all het up'?
    Apologies, I don't know what that means so I can't comment.
    Glad to have amused you though. I can't remember the particular instance.

cookeaa

SWEET JESUS WOULD YOU TWO TAKE IT OUTSIDE!!

AndyP
    Free Member

I can't take it outside. it might rain. 😉

cookeaa

Back on topic…

Anyone got any particular recommendations for waterproof shorts?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Gore

trail_rat
    Free Member

altura dry line – endura super lite both served me well

Also been in touch with endura and they are gonna broach the subject of making a stealth/stealth extreme bib short at the next product devo meeting as the trousers are overkill for most of the summer but would be fine on hot wet summer days to be able to have a dry chamois. – can make or break a race when you find you cant sit on saddle down due to nappy rash

Pieface

Altura Attack 3/4s from Merlin

jojoA1
    Free Member

Re the washing of waterproof shorts, in order to avoid having to fully wash them each time they get muddy, I just either rinse them down with the hose or in the shower.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Endura Stealth extreme tights, stealth jacket and a crud catcher.

Rode my commute of 12 miles off road, muddy but stayed dry.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Pieface – Member

Altura Attack 3/4s from Merlin
    Excellent – i was just about to ask about 3/4s. Pieface – how long have you had them, any durability issues?

Pieface

LOL, only ridden them once so far.

The only thing I'd think is that the seam sealant tape across the crotch looks like its the main weak point, however not sure if it would ever come to that.

I asked the same question the other week and someone had been using them for a year. I think at the price you can't go wrong.

juan
    Free Member

Waterproof shorts = army camo gore tex cut down to 3/4 or 1/2 from fleabay.

MisterT

Gore AlpX II short – simply brilliant XC shorts, well cut, lightweight, hard wearing. (also available as trousers… even better for proper winter riding since it keeps boots/feet dry)

Endura Venturi eVent – heavier and tougher than Gore, but still v-good shorts.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof shorts – Why ?’ is closed to new replies.