Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • waterproof shorts – recommendations please
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

baggy was my main thought but if you ve been impressed with any lycra ones that are w proof or near it please say. cant shell out super high prices but am keen to know what people recommend….
    also how "waterproof" are they or are we really talking water resistant?

sofatester
    Free Member

Just get some mudguards and MTFU 😉

nickc

I know some people rate them, but in 20 years of mountain biking in the winter I've never had any, and not certain that I'd shell out for them. One of the great qualities of Lycra is that it keeps you warm even when it' wet. and mudguards (OK ugly, but cheap) keep off the worst of it anyway.

clubber
    Free Member

Bargain Altura Dryline baggys (half price at £25) if you're tall/big:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/altura/dryline-waterproof-shorts-ec011096?query=w132exxl

They're not as big a XXL sounds – at least, I usually wear XL and they fit me fine.

z1ppy

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/tags/waterproof-shorts

Got some Altura Attack 3/4 Shorts myself and am very happy with them, there nothing like having a damp gritty backside, which is why I bought these… Bought the 3/4 version to keep my knee warm too.

odannyboy
    Free Member

ha ha
    i have nothing against mudguards but i was thinking more of rainy days..

Sofa tester= he he ,i love it cheers.

sofatester
    Free Member

Your new here, arn't you 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

kind of…..

foxyrider
    Free Member

I can see where your at dannyboy – i.e. to stop the rear spray from making your crack wet, cold and sore but I have to admit I have never got round to buying a pair really – maybe tight and/or lazy 😉

There is also another post on this at the very moment – have a look on there!

odannyboy
    Free Member

Well i was in a biblical down pour the other day in regular baggy cotton shorts.they got soaked-obviously
    just thought waterproof cycling shorts would be better than non…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘waterproof shorts – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.