Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Waterproof shorts or trousers for biking?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Like my endura superlites but they are slowly dying a death. Are there any none bike specific 3/4 shorts or trousers (other than army gortex) that are hard wearing and up to the job? WIth trousers i plan on cutting em off and seaming them with seam grip glue

nickswolves
    Free Member

Altura Attacks are v good

ruscle
    Free Member

+1 with 3/4 altura attacks, great cut and ware really well. Have got 2 pairs after 11 months the stitching on the zip went, had a new pair within the week through warrenty so can’t fault altura.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zippykona

Do you wear the Attacks with anything underneath or are they purely an overtrouser?
    If you are just wearing shorts underneath do the feel clammy?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

You need something beneath… Believe me… I forgot this on our Wednesday evening ride this week… Usually wear lycra shorts. They aren’t as warm as my Endura Singletrack shorts, and after a while you do get water coming through too… I have the full length and 3/4 ones and both are wearing out in the seat rather faster than I’d expect…. Looking at eBay army goretex trousers and Endura stuff next time…

Spud

I was going to ask a similar question as an alternative to Endura MT500 spray shorts. I got mine at a bargain price at SITS last year, noticed today that the face fabric on the waterproof bum panel is coming away. Tried the Gore shorts, twice, and they went back as they didn’t last very long.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Do you wear the Attacks with anything underneath or are they purely an overtrouser?
    If you are just wearing shorts underneath do the feel clammy?

Yes, I would definitely wear some lycra shorts or bib tights under them. Incidentally, I’ve never felt any water come through these……as yet! 😀

Northwind

You don’t need anything under Attacks other than standard issue undercrackers (or chamois if you want), they’re shorts not overshorts. Not sure what Stoats means really- you might choose to wear something under but there’s no need at all

No water comes through mine… Though, I don’t like 3/4s so I wear the standard shorts and a bit of water does get up through the legholes as you’d expect.

All in all they’re extremely good- a little noisy when riding but otherwise I just treat them as regular shorts. Tough, too- I’ve torn mine slightly but they’ve been crashed in more times than I care to think about so one small tear is very good going.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof shorts or trousers for biking?’ is closed to new replies.