Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Waterproof shorts instead of normal baggies?
  • MoreCashThanDash

I've never bothered with baggies before – never found a pair that felt "right", but thinking of frittering away some birthday money on a pair to cover the lycra'd up paunch when pootling along with swadey jnr.

Or would a pair of waterproof baggies – eg Altura Attacks – be a bit more versatile, especially for wet commutes? Is the material OK to wear as everyday baggies or would they be overkill?

Anyone any thoughts please?

crispybacon
    Free Member

I've got some Altura Attack waterproof 3/4 baggies & in the wet they are fantastic at keep my butt dry 🙂

To be honest I wouldn't want to wear them all the time, which is what I think you mean by everyday baggies. They are hot & sweaty when it gets warm & they don't have any vents like their dry brothers to air the nether regions 😉 If you want them for wet commutes only then I would recommend them.

gothandy

+1 cripy bacon

Water proof baggies are great for commuting, but no good on a hot day.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    13thfloormonk

I've got on with them OK for everyday stuff, but I've never worn them for the summer.

the new endura MT500s or whatever they are are a nice alternative, waterproof behind and sides, fabric up top + crotch. Wore them for three days straight when i even got sunburnt up top and never felt uncomfortable below.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Too warm for long rides where it might rain, only really any use when you start in the rain.

Yer balls get most sweaty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof shorts instead of normal baggies?’ is closed to new replies.