Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Waterproof shorts!
  • mactheknife

Has anybody bought some good ones recently. Been very wet up north this last wek so i thought i would put my hand in my wallet and get a pair.

Any recommendations for a 34″ waist 😀

clubber
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a 34″ waist

Eat a few less pies and get a 32″ one? 🙂

I’m very happy with my Altura waterproof shorts – still going three years in.

wwaswas

the dhb event ones are pretty good – do come up small, though – medium only just fit my 30-32″ waist.

mactheknife

Eat a few less pies and get a 32″ one?

😀 😀

nickjb
    Free Member

Army surplus goretex and a pair of scissors

z1ppy

Altura Attack 3/4’s here, great short, though even as a 3/4 I only tend to wear them during the winter, as their too hot otherwise

mactheknife

Nice one, alturas it is i think, thanks for that 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have altura attacks, size M should be spot on for you (i’m 33ish waist and they’re very slightly loose on me).

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I had a pair of Gore Alp-X’s (L suited my 33″ waist), they did OK for a year or so, until I caught ’em on the nose of my saddle and delaminated ’em 🙁 I’m now using DHB ones (L FWIR), which don’t fit quite as well and are less packable than the Gores, but do seem tougher – and are shed loads cheaper!

supertramp
    Free Member

do you want to keep the water out? or in?
    http://www.clearwellmobility.co.uk/product_body.aspx?SectID=249

nicko74

Eat a few less pies

A few fewer pies, shirley?

Sorry, nothing helpful to add…

letmetalktomark

nickjb – Member

Army surplus goretex and a pair of scissors

Seconded 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

From my (now extensive) waterproof short wardrobe:

Cut off army goretex from ebay are great, but the fit for riding isn’t ideal. That said, they cost £10-15, you can cut them to the length you want. When you cut them off, think of a way to narrow the leg, or they will be very flappy. Get sweaty though

Surface Liquistretch shorts are on offer at Evans website – showerproof rather than waterproof, maybe not tough enough for off roading if you fall off or ride through brambles, but very comfy and smart enough to wear down the pub/in the office. Not too swaety

Altura Dryline – like the goretex but 3-4 times the price, great fit on the bike, but prone to sweatiness

Northwind

Altura Attacks are superb, and not too expensive either. I don’t really get on with 3/4s so I just use those for commuting now, the shorts I use more than any other bit of riding kit I’ve got, i think… They’re a little sweatier than normal ones but not too bad, the only real downsides are that they’re noisy and they need a bit of care with washing.

mactheknife

Crazy that its july and im looking for a pair of waterproof shorts, oh and supertramp, i have ordered those incontenance pants for the next time i go on the lash, saves valuable drinking time instead of going for a slash. Good find my man 🙂

supertramp
    Free Member

Glad I could help – just don’t rely on me for anything serious 😆

Duggan

My advice would be don’t get Endura. Mine lasted about 12 months and I don’t even ride that much 😕

dave360

echo Altura comments. 3 winters use and still keeping my arse dry.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof shorts!’ is closed to new replies.