Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • waterproof shorts
  • coconut
    Free Member

Wet commute in today. Recommend some decent mens mtb baggy shorts ? The gore goretex ones looks pretty good but bit pricey.
    Thanks

wrightyson
    Free Member

I found a pair of Musto (as in sailing gear) waterproof shorts in tkmaxx of all places. That good they unfortunately soak my feet.

alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve got some madison ones that I rate highly – not goretex but their own type of waterproofing thing that seem to wear well.. cant remember the model sorry – but they also do “addict” in a trouser which looks good too!

alexxx
    Free Member

*mine are tempests

eddie11
    Free Member

Mag just done a review. They liked royal racing the best. I’ve had a lot of joy from endura ones for 50 quidish.

iainc

the tenn ones are unbeatable for the money. only a bit over £20. they have changed the seat panels to make them last a bit longer too now !

jam-bo

Sweet mudride.

scotroutes

I’ve had a couple of rides with the Tenns. Liking them so far as they are quite a narrow fit. I hate wet fabric flapping round my thighs and knees

footflaps

I just wear Rain legs over normal shorts http://www.rainlegs.com/en/home

z1ppy

Altura Attack 3/4’a, ain as pretty or as expensive as other but they work & work well (sizing can be contentious)

momo

I’ve had 5 years out of my Endura MT500 spray shorts, there’s a hole developing in the stiching and the tape has started to fall off now, but they have covered a few 1000 miles in the worst conditions so I think they’ve had a pretty reasonable innings!

I was going to start this same thread as after reading the review in the mag I was going to buy a pair of the Royal shorts but they seem to be a rather rare beast at the moment, I can only assume that they’re gearing up to launch the 2017 range.

for the price though I think I’ll give those Tenn shorts linked above a go!

munrobiker
    Free Member

The tenns only last a handful of rides for me.
    I was going to get some RAF Goretex trousers and trim them off- they’re dark blue, not camo, so you don’t look like a doofus and they’re only £20 on ebay.

grahamt1980

Sweet mudrides, not cheap but awesome.

iainc

munrobiker – Member
    The tenns only last a handful of rides for me.

worth trying the newer versions, I have a pair :

they have changed the seat panels to make them last a bit longer too now !

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 military surplus Gore Tex…

Review: RAF surplus Gore Tex trousers/shorts

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘waterproof shorts’ is closed to new replies.