Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • waterproof shell……endura flyte or montane velocity..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

my trusty altura attack bit the dust on tuesday with the zip breaking. in the event of it not being able to be fixed I am looking at replacements.

narrowed it down to these two, the endura looks more waterproof/breathable and (possibly) durable, and I really like montane gear (have several other jackets) this looks like a nice jacket to wear also, very lightweight to store , it would be worn with a softshell or ls base layer, would the endura be too warm? is it too bulky to pack away?

does anyone have either they could comment on? oh and any deals going? in large, (colour unimportant)

cheers

GrahamA
    Free Member

I’ve had two Endura Flyte jackets (the first replaced by Endura) and in both cases the rubber wrist closure strips broke very quickly.

On the second on the tag on the pocket zip snapped off

I’ll be sending the second one back when I get round to it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

oh.

my attack is somewhere around 3-4yrs old and i was upset the zip broke!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have a montane velocity DT.
    like you, i have quite a few bits of montane kit that i really like and bought this on the basis of that. it’s very waterproof, but not very breathable. i tend to run quite hot anyway, but unless it’s at or near freezing then it’s always wet inside after even my 4 mile commute.

summitsup
    Free Member

Go for the Montane. Got a flyte Jacket, within 12 months the tapes on the seams started to come unstuck, now after 18 months they are all off. One wrist closure has come off, one hanging on. On the upside the fit is good, and it packs relativly small.

mrelectric

I have a new Endura Convert that I’ve always liked. Endura durability seem to be not good but they sent me a new one when I sent the old back for some repairs (zip & seams gone); it was 4+ years old so, so good support.

Getting another Gore Alp-X 2.0.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-wear-alp-x-20-gore-tex-active-shell-mtb-jacket/

I know its not cheap even on sale but the quality and breathability are best I’ve found much better than the Convert or RaceFace Aquanot

carlphillips
    Free Member

Liking the Gore..not loving the price 😯

I think I’ll just go montane, and may try sending the attack back to get it fixed…if they’ll do it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘waterproof shell……endura flyte or montane velocity..?’ is closed to new replies.