Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Waterproof rucksacks
  • z1ppy

Lad @ work is after a waterproof backpack for commuting, not a bag with a ‘external’ cover.
    He’s spotted the Salomom XA 25 on Wiggle but was wondering if there any other options?
    Anyone else been in the same position?

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I doubt any rucsac is 100% water proof, (etc maybe Ortleb dry bags) unless all seams are taped and water proof zips are used. Just put important items in plastic bags…. Simples

z1ppy

I do and agree but thats what he wants.. so I’m asking the question…

druidh
    Free Member

Ortlieb or Alpkit Gourdon – but I’d still keep stuff in plastic bags/liners.

deus

Gourdon for cheap.
    Ergon/ Ortleib for expensive

PMK2060

I use a Alpkit Gourdon 20 for my commute. cheap and means i dont have to mess about with plastic bags

Clover

Hideously expensive but 100% waterproof (in Yorkshire) and comfy too – Mission Workshop – no signs of wear after over a year so hopefully it will be going strong for long enough to make it worth the extra cost.

z1ppy

cheers a good couple of options, for him to check out.

saxabar
    Free Member

Have an Ortleib for ultra wet commutes – all good. Waterproof in N. Wales 😉

RustySpanner

Alpkit Gourdon.
    Cheap, simple, 100% waterproof.

One of the best bits of outdoor kit I’ve ever had.

Northwind

Kriega are pretty water-resistant, I reckon with a bit of extra proofing spray they’d be more than good enough for the job. And also look like some sort of special forces parachute, which is wicked awesome.

Ah but the price, aaargh.

honourablegeorge

There’s a north face base camp bag, made form the same stuff as their big base camp duffels, that’d do it.

I have the Alpkit, recommended, but a bit basic.

boxfish
    Free Member

My Deuter DS18 rucksack is completely waterproof and still going strong after 6 years. Pity they don’t make them anymore…

PaulD
    Free Member

Decathlon do one for trekking with guaranteed waterproof fabric and zips, approx 20L and £40.

PaulD

ads678

What about one these http://www.over-board.co.uk/backpacks.html?gclid=CJuRh_3LhbMCFaTJtAodVTYA1w can’t get more waterproof than submersible!!

z1ppy

Wow great response, cheers guys (& girls)

jameso

I’d avoid Berghaus or Vaude ‘seam-welded’ types – both of mine split.

Alpkit Gourdon next time for me.

mick_r

I have a very muddy, very battered Alpkit Gourdon. It is ace. Will not hesitate to buy another when it dies. Basic is great because there is nothing to go wrong and minimal absorbent bits to dry out / clean.

The only improvement would be a some sort of wing pockets in the waistband so you can reach sweeties whilst riding 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof rucksacks’ is closed to new replies.