Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waterproof needed, any bargains?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Lost mine, any thing good around for cheapness?

I’ll consider any weight/type, hence vagueness…

spawnofyorkshire

There were a load of marmot ones on sportpursuit the other day that looked good value.
    Just skimming through SP there’s a few decent looking ones on there (not just the made of SP ones)

daern
    Free Member

Not a pure waterproof, but the Endura Stealth 2 is, by a healthy margin, the best “inclement weather” jacket I’ve ever owned and I can highly recommend it. It’s as waterproof as many shells I’ve had, but much more versatile. The only downside is that it’s too warm for summer use, but last winter I pretty much wore nothing else for 6 months and my normal Gore Alp-X shell remained hung up for perhaps all but one ride.

https://www.endurasport.com/product/stealth-ii-waterproof-jacket/

Loads of deals out there – I think I paid about 80 quid.

hambl90
    Free Member

Depends on how much you want to spend, I use a Tresspass light weight one which was about £17.

hainman
    Free Member

My first port of call would be Decathlon.Forclaz 400 is a belter of a jacket,fully taped,zip vents,hood,and only £60 quid,

Stoner
    Free Member

handy recommendation that hainman, thanks.
    Mrs S looking for a new jacket and they do a women’s Forclaz.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers, Forclaz looks fgood but 600gm weight means its going to be sweaty!

Plenty on SP 🙂

JackHammer

Polaris had some jackets cheap-ish a few weeks ago.

andykirk
    Free Member

Try Westbeach website. Maybe a bit more substantial than ‘just a waterproof’ but some very cheap stuff on sale.

andyv
    Free Member

Altura Varium currently for sale at Merlin. More snug waterproof softshell than shell but feels nice to wear and keeps the rain off.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So I ordered a few from SP, going with a Columbia out dry, I like the idea of not relying on dwr.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof needed, any bargains?’ is closed to new replies.