Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Waterproof MTB Shorts
  • beano68
    Free Member

Looking for some waterproof mtb shorts, also looked at the royal drift shorts … are they any good ?

Ta

damascus
    Free Member

Best waterproof shorts I’ve ever had are a pair of army surplus triple gortex layered over trousers. I cut the legs off, no need for sewing as they don’t need it. Windproof, breathable, waterproof, cheap, durable, stylish???

dreednya

I’ve used both cut-offs and ‘proper mtb shorts’ in the past and found that cut-offs tend to be destroyed much quicker as they are not shaped for cycling so they tend to be baggier and catch on the saddle and tear sooner that a properly designed pair. Whether it is cheaper to use more cut-offs than proper pair I’m not sure, but getting the saddle caught up inside the shorts at the most inappropriate moments is not fun, though the airy feel of wearing what is then a mtb miniskirt once you have managed to remove the saddle form the shorts isn’t bad!

Fat-boy-fat

Endura Venturi for me. Only for properly mucky weather though.

vickypea
    Free Member

I had some Gore ones which were brilliant but got punched off the washing line. I now have some Endura ones which were great to start with but 3 winters later and they’re not very waterproof any more.

kcal

See other thread – have a look at Madison Addict or Tempest..

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Bought some Mavic shorts of Bike discount, did a 5 day off road loop of the lakes & it PI%4ed down every day & the shorts were perfect & better than the Endura MT500s ive had before.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Bought some Mavic shorts of Bike discount, did a 5 day off road loop of the lakes & it PI%4ed down every day & the shorts were perfect & better than the Endura MT500s ive had before.

spawnofyorkshire

See other thread – have a look at Madison Addict or Tempest

+1 for the Addicts

z1ppy

Altura attack 3/4’s not new or flashy but solid and pretty damn long lasting

Northwind

I bloody love my Attacks, got 3 pairs of the shorts and 1 of the 3/4s. Fantastic. I sabotage them a bit because I don’t like 3/4s much, so I get more splash than I would otherwise but still. Tough, comfy, unfussy about washing… Hotter than normal shorts of course but that’s inevitable.

gfrew88
    Free Member

sweet protection mudride by far the best waterproof/every ride shorts. You get what you pay for.

dreednya

thinking of going the sweet protection route myself and their jackets look tasty as well

tom.nash

For pure quality and performance the Sweet Protection mudrides are awesome and I would recommend them to anyone. For total value the Madison waterproof shorts are pretty brilliant. Both have survived gritty, muddy Scottish winters

beano68
    Free Member

Cheers all for all your input,

After reading the reviews and your recommendations I’m going to get some sweeeet protection mudrides 😀

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

After getting soaked to the bone at the weekend I’m in desperate need of some quality waterproof shorts.

The Sweet Protection ones seem to be getting good reviews but £120? Ouchie!!

I know that Exxpozed had them for £91 but only in XL at present – anyone seen them in stock in a medium at a slightly less eye watering price?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Another vote for the Madison Addicts, combined with their Addict Storm jacket I’ve managed to get out in all weathers this year.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof MTB Shorts’ is closed to new replies.