Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Waterproof jackets
  • ChrisF
    Free Member

I got a Pace 3×3 Event jacket recently – £99. It’s a simple, basic design but works really well. I don’t run very hot, and can wear it for several hours of mtbing and stay dry. I don’t think you need ‘features’ on a biking shell, simpler is definitely better.
    Also use Paramo for cold days/nights which is amazingly breathable, but limited, like others have said, to when it is proper chilly.

bikeind
    Free Member

altura are superb.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Paramo for when it’s cold and this http://www.fieldandtrek.com/karrimor-elite-alpiniste-event-jacket-mens-442050 for when it’s warmer. Both brilliant jackets.

BadlyWiredDog

BWD – so when it’s raining, and I’m riding fairly hard (road riding or mtb climbing) nothing will keep me dry?

It depends how hot you run. Everyone’s different – you can have two people dressed identically doing the same thing side by side in the same conditions and one of them will be dripping with sweat, the other will be barely warm. If you run hot, you’ll tend to create vapour at a higher rate than your clothing can cope with, so the excess moisture stays inside your clothing layers.

Venting helps a bit.If you run hot, Paramo tends to be on the warm side, great in cold conditions though and breathes well. It’s also relatively bulky. You won’t want to be carrying it in a pack and it certainly won’t fit in a pocket.

cakeeater
    Free Member
    Northwind

Altura Attack is a great jacket… Tough, waterproof. Not the coolest, though, I can only wear mine when it’s pretty cold. But then that’s true of most waterproofs.

turbo1397
    Free Member

@reggiegasket.. have been looking at the oneten. have you any first hand experience? i run hot when biking so the lack of pit zips was puting me off but its light..

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jackets’ is closed to new replies.