Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Waterproof jacket/gilets
  • scotroutes

I’ve been using an Endura Convert II waterproof for a couple of years and like the flexibility it offers. However, an attempt at elbow-skating on the ice rink that was Aviemore last night has resulted in a few tears on one arm. Looking at replacing it, I see that it seems to have been discontinued – although there’s a suspiciously similar looking Hummvee convertible now.

So, has anyone seen/worn/used the old Convert and the new Hummvee and can tell me what, if any, differences there are? And are there any other similar jackets worth considering. Note, it’s a packable waterproof I’m after, not a softshell.

TIA.

scotroutes

C’mon peoples!

somafunk

Can’t help with the endura Humvee aspect but I’ve been wearing a showers pass refuge waterproof for the past two months of deluge we’ve been experiencing and whilst I winced at the initial expense then the experience of getting it covered in mud on its first outing I have to admit it is hands down the best biking jacket ( any jacket, not just biking) I have ever owned, and being a serial biking jacket buyer over the past 25 yrs I’ve had many. I’ve worn it almost every day and it has proven to be faultless in use, mahoosive sensibly placed pit zips that don’t interfere with wearing a pack, sensible cuffs you can operate with winter gloves, brilliant detachable hood, long drop rear that buttons up out of the way in normal use, chunky waterproof zips, pull tight closure options round the hem, sensibly placed 100% waterproof pockets. I’ve gave it some serious abuse on the farm quad bikes when working as in needing totally hosed off when I return from checking on the cattle up on the peat moor, countless hrs of trail building and getting scuffed off trees n’ rocks, attacked by thorns/gorse etc and generally rolling/crawling about the hillside as my legs give up, it’s been plastered head to toe in mud n’ occasional genuine farm shite yet a quick cold rinse makes it presentable time n’ time again.

Seriously impressed with their clothing to the point I’ve bought quite a few items of their other riding gear over the past month.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    genesiscore502011
    Free Member

+1 showers Pass. Have the rogue hooded. Owned for 2 yrs and it is excellent.

mooman
    Free Member

Gore gilet for me. Waterproof front with mesh back; plus pockets at rear jersey style and zipped pocket on front.
    The front keeps wet/wind/cold off … mesh back stops you overheating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jacket/gilets’ is closed to new replies.