Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Waterproof jacket, which ones are worth a look?
  • Mounty_73

I am celebrating the BIG 40 and I am getting a new waterproof jacket.

I have my eyes on the Paramo Velez lightweight smock.

What other jackets are worth looking at?

Budget is up to £200, it will be used mostly for walking, but with a bit of biking thrown in too.

scotroutes

I bought a Velez Lightweight for walking this winter and it has been ok. It would be far, far too warm for cycling in.

Mackem

I’d get two. One for walking and one for cycling.

spacemonkey

Paramo Altira if you can spend a few extra quid, e.g. barely used on eBay. Mine is awesome in all but the most torrential of conditions. Doesn’t pack down too well but is super light when worn. Perfect for running, walking, biking, etc.

footflaps

I have a super thin one for cycling to wear over a softshell if I get caught out in the rain and a more sturdy one for walking / skiing in.

antigee

i got mrs antigee one of these for running in – and so well made i git myself one

depends what you like for walking – no map or hand pockets and no hood – no problem as i’m happy in a hat and gloves and prefer a light jacket that i can run in and will always put in the bag
    sizes up nearer to normal than the skinny of some gore stuff

dknwhy

I’d get two jackets, one for each.
    I’ve got a Berghaus Temperance II walking jacket which is amazing and never lets a drop of water in. Great hood that closes in tight around your face for when the bad storms come around… Got it for £120 ish from sportpursuit.
    I’ve got a montane one for on the bike, it’s showerproof but I find that without a hood, water always gets through on the bike and I get soaked from the bottom up anyway.
    Have heard good things about the Event Karrimor jacket (alpiniste?)which can be had for around £100.

Mounty_73

I guess I am looking for a walking specific jacket, as I use an old polaris packable jacket and also my old montane event for riding.

I forgot about sport pursuit, recently had an email from them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jacket, which ones are worth a look?’ is closed to new replies.