Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Waterproof jacket small enough to get in jersey pocket ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Looking for a waterproof thats small enough to roll up into a jersey pockets ?
    Recommendations please

blastit
    Free Member

Altura Pocket Rocket. Jackets don’t get much smaller than this.

stevious

At either end of the spectrum, the DHB Cosmo from wiggle and the Rapha rain jacket will fit into jersey pockets quite well.

kcal

Endura Pakajak – bit over £30 — found it’s really quite good – part in keeping water off, but also a good jacket if the temp. drops or you’re feeling chilled.

globalti
    Free Member

If you’re rich, Castelli Sottile. I have owned mine for a year and managed to avoid having to wear it but used it for the Ride London 100 three weeks ago in biblical rain and was amazed at how good it was. It is also quite stretchy so it fits snugly and doesn’t flap in the wind or bulge out behind like a parachute.

MSP

Montane minimus jacket.

http://www.montane.co.uk/range/men/shell/minimus-jacket

Although its a shame they don’t do the hoodless cycling version any more. Don’t know if anyone is making a cycling specific jacket out of pertex shield, but thats the material I would be looking for if you want a proper waterproof jacket rather than just showerproof.

ninfan
    Free Member

Great in the bottom of the bag as a disposable ‘get you home’

http://www.poundland.co.uk/disposable-poncho-assorted-colours-3-pack

shredder
    Free Member

Endura MTR emergency shell.

hh45
    Free Member

surely any jacket that isn’t encumbered with pockets, hoods and other such fripperies will fit in a jersey pocket? I have a Karrimor Goretex Paclite jacket from 2004 (sic) and it’s still pretty waterproof for long rides in fair to heavy rain. It was recommended by WMTB at the time and has done great.

onandon
    Free Member

+1 for the montane minimus. A propper full waterproof jacket which packs down to the size of a large apple.
    The hood rolls up so I guess the decided that would cater for the people who need and don’t need a hood.

Very pleased with mine

jamj1974

Montane FTW.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Sportful Hotpack. The 4 has been replaced by the 5, so is available at £40 or less.

mudsoul
    Free Member

Surface Pertex.

rOcKeTdOg

Castelli strada

TiRed

Altura Race Cape. No pockets, so I fold mine with a red post office band. Tiny. About the same size as a 26″ inner tube. Taped seams and fully waterproof.

You’ll get “teabag” comments. But you’ll be the dry one 🙂

somafunk

Montane photon just to be different, I dunno if they still make it but it’s made from pertex shield and is very waterproof, very breathable and packs down to size of an apple in its wee drawstring bag, I bought one a couple of yrs ago and immediately bought another as it is that good.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Very pleased with my Planet X Aqualight.

I only use it very occasionally. It doesn’t have many features but is very waterproof, small and a good fit.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLPXALPJ/planet-x-aqualight-packable-jacket

dixelpixel
    Free Member

I need a new jersey pocket weatherproof / weather resistant jacket. Your advice would be welcome.

I’ve arrowed it down to:
    1) DHB Cosmo, £55
    2) Sportful Hot Pack No-Rain Stretch, £85 (at a discount)

DHB has a generally great reputation and I am a fan of Wiggle customer service. So I am leaning towards the DHB solely for that.

Sportful retails at a higher much higher RRP when not discounted, so in theory it should be a better product. (In theory anyway). The stretch options sounds quite nice. Am I right in thinking it would allow me to wear it over fully packed jersey pockets? I am curious whether the stretchy panels on the side are made of the same stuff as the Fiandre and Castelli Gabba?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jacket small enough to get in jersey pocket ?’ is closed to new replies.