• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • waterproof jacket recomendations please
  • karnali
    Free Member

looking for a new waterproof, bit of fell walking, walking the dog, going to work etc. I do tend to run warm so good ventilation is a bonus. Looking at around £100 as I don;t get on the hill walking as much as I used to. Looking at a montane atomic half price at £60 but just wondered if anyone else had any recommendations or bargains they have come accross.

thanks

kormoran
    Free Member

I’ve got a Rab Charge which I am pretty impressed with. They are often around for about 100-120, bit over the budget I guess. It is very comfortable and has large mesh pockets for air flow, Pertex shieldmaterial so pretty breathable. It has a normal size hood, if you want a helmet compatible they do the Spark, same jacket otherwise. It is a stretchy fabric so the fit is lush, in fact it ‘feels like I got nothing on at all’ as Homer Simpson might say. Long back and arms so good on the bike too.

z1ppy

Marmot Kento, annoying the hood is not detachable but ventilation was my priority and the pit zips are enormous (I use it for cycling..) & properly waterproof, even if it isn’t an eVent or Gortex material. I got mine for £80 a while back but prices seems to range around a bit, worth shopping round for a bargain

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anything from Madison or Montane IME, Keela Saxon Gets lots of love.

Drac

Montane Atomic.

dmck16
    Free Member

Madison Addict Storm

I was going to pull the trigger on a Keela Saxon jacket last year, but was impressed with the quality and features of the above Madison when I visited the LBS.

Rrp of 150, got mine for 120, but above link is bang on your budget.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Save up some more….get wet for a little bit longer …..and then get the MT500

jimw
    Free Member

The Montane jackets I have are excellent, a cycling eVent, a lightweight pertex shield and a heavier weight eVent.
    I had an issue with the lightweight jacket (delaminating around the cuffs ) and even though it was three years old they replaced without quibble. An excellent company to deal with however it was much easier for me as as I had kept the original receipt, so if you buy Montane keep that safe

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^ just popped up in my inbox

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’m usually hot with a waterproof on. Favoured jackets are by Jack Wolfskin as they usually breathe a bit more and have pit zips for when you’re really hot. Never had a problem with them.

Gary_M
    Free Member

looking for a new waterproof, bit of fell walking, walking the dog, going to work etc

Not sure why several people are recommending ‘cycling’ waterproofs?

I have an alpkit gravitas, very happy with it as a shell type walking jakcte

iainc

someone earlier mentioned the Keela Saxon – I have one, and it is a great, light, multipurpose jacket. I haven’t worm it on the bike mind you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘waterproof jacket recomendations please’ is closed to new replies.