Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waterproof jacket £50 ?
  • Mounty_73

Looking for a waterproof for around £50, I usually buy more expensive jackets, but they have ended up getting ripped or damaged…

Any suggestions, I was looking at the Endura Laser…

Clarkey
    Free Member

Polaris Aqualite (try UKbikestore or CR – about £30-35. Does the job and packs down small.

I know about 5 people with them.

willard

Head to SportsDirect and have a look at their Karrimor cycling jacket. It looks half decent and is only about 17 quid.

Mind you, it is orange, but I guess if you are off in the hills doing stuff, it's safe to be seen.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Simon

I've had a Montane Velocity DT for a while now and it's been excellent.
    Reasonably breathable and very water proof. No lining means it packs down small too.

RRP is around £100 but I got mine for £55.
    A quick google shows them at £50 here.

safehandsduffy1
    Free Member

blacks have north face resolve jacket £49.99 (was £80)then apply "trek"to promotion code and get 20% off just ordered one, good reviews

stevede
    Free Member

north face themselves have there bike specific lands end jacket for not much more than £60 in the sale if i remember rightly from my last visit in there. Looks pretty decent,lightweight and waterproof, rrp is £125.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

It's a fact of life that waterproof + breatheable + expensive. For £50 you can get showerproof and very good breathing OR waterproof and very non breatheable. The problem with the latter is that you end up getting very wet inside from perspiration so the waterproofness becomes irrelevent.

Recently bought a Paramo top for summer riding for £50. Showerproof, windproof, very breatheable and packs down to almost nothing. Really like the hood to stay warm when stopped for food/blether break

TPTcruiser

Wait for the Aldi or Lidl cycling special days. Probably a good waterproof in Sept/Oct-ish? £20 or less.

SigmaF
    Free Member

Endura Convert isn't too far away price wise?

CraigW
    Free Member

I got a Montane Velocity DT for about £50 new off ebay.
    It does pack rather small, and it seems to be properly waterproof. Though I'm not sure about how breathable it is, so I usually only wear it when its actually raining.

glenp
    Free Member

These are ace – v good cut (same as the Event one), good build quality and comfort/breathability.

dhb w 40% off[img]http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/dhb-droxford-jkt-med.jpg[/img]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jacket £50 ?’ is closed to new replies.