Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Waterproof Jacket.
  • robbo69
    Free Member

Can you recommend me a good waterproof cycling jacket please?

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Gore Fusion Jacket

CheesybeanZ

Endura e-vent , i can sweat my body weight in 30 mins riding but in
    one of these no probs .

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Given up on waterproofs for biking, goretex not breathable enough for a sweaty sod like me, Event leaked after less than a year, now try to stay warm but wet using a windproof and good thermal layers.

Am aware of the dangers of chilling off with this strategy but tend to do rides from the door or trail centres in winter so not such a biggie.

Big mountains in winter I bag for Paramo, yes it is warm but is well vented and skin stays dry even when coat is wet through.

You really need to decide what you want from a piece of kit, how you run (hot/sweaty/cold) and how your kit will fit in.

EDIT – if you're willing to put up with less longevity then I reckon the above event jacket is a good call, though I did hear rumours then Endura were dropping Event due to the poor life span.

Endura Stealth

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I've got the Altura attack extreme. Highly breathable and noprobs with waterproofness yet.
    Also have a marmot Aegis, which i really like, again very breathable with large pit zips and abit of stretch in the fabric and very light.

glynP
    Free Member

I had my Event for 5 years and Endura has just replaced it for free cos it was starting to leak but that was with 5 years hard riding, I say thats top banana from Endura a super company! I also have a stealth which is great but only for cold weather as its a little hot and I have a gore fusion (got it for half price) its a superb jacket but not as breathable as the Endura.
    Endura has a new jacket with their own fabric which is the same as Gortex as the Gore patent has now ran out and anyone can make a similar type of fabric. The new one looks great value for money.
    Its up to you and any waterproof will never be as breathable as a good windproof but with the correct layering there almost there.

Northwind

Altura Attack Extreme here too, absolutely brilliant- very breathable and I've never had a drop get past it. Not cheap though but can be found for £90-ish. Just won the Singletrack jacket test again 😉

robbo69
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies so far 8)

grantway
    Free Member

Enduro best one Even can wear it out when not riding
    If you wear body armour best try the jacket on whilst wearing
    your Armour to get the right fit.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I don't think you get too sweaty in them and I'm a sweat monster ordinarily; had a Gore Alp X jacket for the last few rides and it's great plus it's been warm but I was fine in it. It'll last for years too (my wife's had one for years).

Mof
    Free Member

Lusso HT70 seems good value. A bit too boil-in-the-bag in the summer but great about now with not much needed underneath, fine with a mid-layer when colder. Bright yellow for commuters or a sensible blue with reflective bits otherwise. Underrated gear in my opinion.

woffle
    Free Member

Given up on waterproofs for biking, goretex not breathable enough for a sweaty sod like me, Event leaked after less than a year, now try to stay warm but wet using a windproof and good thermal layers.

+1

I've tried everything from Goretex to eVent, from cheap and nasty to £££ and no matter what I end up running too hot in them and get drenched from the inside rather than the outside.

I now have a rapha lightweight softshell for when it's really raining / cold – will keep me dry for about 15/20 minutes in heavy rain but more importantly it 'breathes' far better than any waterproof, will keep me warm and also it dries really quickly. Otherwise it's a decent gilet and merino layers for when it gets colder…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof Jacket.’ is closed to new replies.