Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Waterproof gloves.
  • jam-bo

I have some 661 storms. They aren’t very waterproof.

I was looking at some sealskin waterproof gloves that claim to be 100% waterproof but reading the reviews suggest isn’t true.

What else should I look at other than marigolds?

zero-cool
    Free Member

The main problem with waterproof gloves (in mountaineering, climbing and cycling) is that by their nature no matter what they are made of they will always have a massive hole at one end to let the water in.

I’ve always found it better to have a pair that are warm and comfortable even when wet. Water resistant material is a bonus. For the last 2 winters I’ve been enjoying a pair by Madison. Think they were about 15-20 quid. Dryish, warm AND comfortable.

Tom KP

raisinhat
    Free Member

A completely waterproof pair is just going to fill up with sweat, leaving your hands wet at the end of the day. What you need to find is some that shrug off some of the water, but stay warm all the same.

The only pair I’ve found that work for me are scott minus gloves. Super thin, but have a windproof layer in the top. Definitely not 100% waterproof, but they keep my hands warm, especially with a thin liner glove for really cold days, and I always used to suffer badly with numb fingers and cold hands.

Thick endura waterproof gloves always seemed to soak up water and stay cold, while giving no bar feel thanks to all the squishy padding in them, but YMMV.

johnnystorm

Glacier Gloves Perfect Curves made from welded flocked neoprene. Can get a bit smelly and damp but keep the cold water out. Totally and utterly waterproof. Long cuff and tight Velcro strap keep the opening as well sealed as anything. £40 in bikeshops, £25 at Window cleaner suppliers.

Solo
    Free Member

Waterproof gloves?

Imo, you can’t go wrong with a pair of these:

medoramas
    Free Member

Sealskinz are great! But they will brutally show you how much your jacket’s sleeves lack of waterproofness… 8)

If it’s above 8°C and wet I found no need for w/proof gloves. Dura Gloves by DeFeet are the choice then.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

+1 for Glacier Gloves.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes Sealskinz are 100% waterproof, apart from the big hole you put your hand in or if you dry them on a radiator, as it destroys the magic parts inside.
    Every single one is tested off the production line to make sure.
    Obviously water will run down your sleeves if it’s properly wet & gets in, but no glove will stop that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof gloves.’ is closed to new replies.