Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Waterproof cycling trousers
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Evening all,

I’m looking for a pair of the above for using on a short 3.5 mile commute into work on rainy days.

Not wanting to spend a fortune – maybe £40 / £50 max.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

ton

endura gridlock are good for steady miles.
    i wear em with thermal longs and they keep me dry and warm.

simmy
    Free Member

Altura Night Vision overtrousers are what I use and have found them really waterproof and comfortable.

Got some a while ago and wear them over jeans.

Fine for this weather, but they will get too hot in summer I reckon.

j40aja
    Free Member

Shave your pins and MTFU!

Hope that helps.

takisawa2

Regatta ones here. Slip on over work trousers, pack away to the size of an orange, & £12 a pair.
    If your not already, run full length guards & even moderate rain is bearable without overtrousers, especially for just 3.5 miles.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Lol – yes, helped lots.

U must have permission for Mrs j40aja to spend your £’s……….

Mind and buy 2 of those daft ‘super light’ chains for when the 1st one breaks.

Especially during our ‘broke back mtb’ trip 😉

steveoath
    Free Member

Endura Gridlocks here. The velcro at the calf for cinching the bottoms of the legs is a great touch.

j40aja
    Free Member

Will have to be only 1 chain as the rest of the cash will be blown on lube!!!!

Just get some chaps for your commute, should keep you dry at the front at least.

sadexpunk

couple of years ago i seem to remember plenty on here buying army surplus goretex waterproofs from ebay. i got some at the time. something like these

DickBarton

Craft active rain pants…50 quid. Very comfy, have kept me warm but not cooked in them…

http://www.flyingfoxbikes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=331&category_id=39

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

dhb minima overtrousers from Wiggle. They keep the water out and have velcro on the calves.

vixalot
    Free Member

I got a pair of army surplus goretex waterproofs from a local shop £15, I just put some velcro at the bottom of the leg to take up the slack 🙂

sugdenr
    Free Member

Checkout Avenir/Raleigh trousers, only ones long enough for long legs. Really well made with strap at bottom and can sometimes be had for as cheap as the army surplus.

cookeaa

+1 for surplus goretex,

I hack them off to make shorts as I’m rather have damp shins and a dry arse than totally boil in the bag over a long ride, but if it’s a case of staying dry for a relatively short distance I see no reason why the full length trousers wouldn’t be ideal…

@vixalot – I like the sound of your velcro idea, got any pic’s?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Sorted now.

Bought a pair of Raceface Ambush from another member.

See how they go……..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof cycling trousers’ is closed to new replies.