Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Waterproof cycling shorts advice for a lady
  • BigR

With the terrible weather my daughter is looking for a pair of waterproof shorts to keep her bum dry. They only appear to do shorts for blokes. If there are any girls on here I(she) would appreciate some help.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I just bought small/extra small mens’ ones.
    Altura semi-dry are quite good I’ve found. They only have waterproofing on the back only so are good for those days when there’s lots of groundwater but it’s not actually precipitating.

For full waterproof, Minx recommend these…
    Gore alp x

Sue_W
    Free Member

I’ve got the gore alp-x ones and they’re great. They’ve been well-tested as I live in the somewhat wet environs of snowdonia.

Not cheap (although I got mine half price in a sale), but worth it

BigR

Thanks, I have the Alp-x and they are brilliant althought the first pair delaminated. She is thinking of spending £35-50 so the altura ones may be a possibility, she is a size 10, would that be extra small in the men’s?

jojoA1
    Free Member

I’d order S and xs just to check and compare, then return one. The different makes and models vary so much.
    Whatever replaced the Altura Dryline 3/4s might be worth a look. I got the Drylines and found them fantastic, but they don’t do them anymore.
    IMO 3/4s are of more use than shorts as I wear them mostly over 3/4 tights because it’s generally colder when it’s raining, and the extra length helps prevent too much water wicking up the leg of the tights.

moniex
    Free Member

Just got some loaka ones from CRC, and they have a 20.000mm waterproofing (does not mention this on the site, but was on the label) and seems well made and a great fit.

these ones:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49404

I bought black and they are lovely. A small for a size 10.

HTH
    Simone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof cycling shorts advice for a lady’ is closed to new replies.