Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Waterproof cycling gloves – warm enough for hiking?
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Been looking to get some waterproof hiking gloves, but saw the £20 Evans voucher someone posted on here, and as I don’t have any waterproof riding gloves either, I wondered if I could kill two birds with one stone?

They need to be fully waterproof, and I suffer from quite cold hands when hiking so want something with decent levels of insulation – are cycling gloves likely to be too cold?

Having looked at the Evans site, does anyone have experience of the following:

Gore Cross
    Gore Alp-X
    Gore Fusion
    Bontranger RXL
    Specialized Radiant
    Hincapie Black Ice
    Endura Deluge
    SealSkinz Extra Cold Weather

Thanks all.

djen83
    Free Member

I use the SealSkinz on your list for freezing and wet walks and bike rides. I also have problems with cold hands (Carpel Tunnel issues) and they are fantastic. They have seen some horrendous conditions and have always been ideal.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Endura Strike winter/waterproof gloves and use them for cycling and walking.
    Find them to be warm enough for both activities TBH.

I’mnot sure, but if anything I’d have thought cycling gloveswould be warmer due to them having to deal with windchill etc.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Sealskinz for me. I’ve spent all day in snow clutching ice axes in mine and remained toasty. Fantastic gloves.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I’mnot sure, but if anything I’d have thought cycling gloveswould be warmer due to them having to deal with windchill etc.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. But then I figured that you’re generating a lot more heat when cycling than you are walking, and you also need gloves to be less bulky to have feel on the bars and to change gears, brake, etc.

Sounds like the SealSkinz ones would be worth a look, but I just noticed that the Bonty ones have PrimaLoft insulation, so they’re probably also very toasty. Anyone have a pair?

Also keen to hear any feedback on the various Gore ones – I’ve always been impressed by their stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof cycling gloves – warm enough for hiking?’ is closed to new replies.