Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Waterproof commuter trouser recommendations?
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I’m on the lookout for some affordable waterproof troos for commuting in.

Non-flappy, worn by themselves so not too hot, cut for cycling… and ideally under £50 or so. Thinking I should just spend the £100+ on some Rapha ones or something, but thought I’d give it one final look. Any tips?

jimdubleyou

Was going to suggest MT500s before I read the whole post – they are over £100.

I have the Spray Shorts, and they are pretty good (at least, my ass is dry today).

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve got shorts (like the Endura Venturi) but I really need trousers – no shower at work and the majority of my commute is on shitey park and cycle paths – I get pretty clarty even on just a 5 mile ride.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Decathlon, they do some over trousers that are great. I commute 9km each way in them and they come with flappy bits that go over the shoe.

whitestone
    Free Member

I take it you’ve got full length mudguards on your bike? They’ll cut the majority of crap. About now is when I start using leg warmers (this year’s a bit warm though) and have some thin ones with a light shell-like outer surface.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Yup full length guards. Still, crap-spray on the shins, rain on the thighs.

Will check out Decathlon, there’s one near me. I would look at windproof longs but they’d be the same price as some specific trousers… Maybe there’s no cheap solution!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/900-urban-waterproof-cycling-trousers-black-lime-id_8354732.html

these bad boys. currently sold out but get an email when they come in again. otherwise they model below are grand too

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Cheers buddy. Do they ever leak in heavy rain, and are they sweaty?

doris5000

picked these up for about £30 recently –

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berghaus-Mens-Deluge-Overtrousers/dp/B001E5UV72?th=1&psc=1

they do a long leg which makes them pretty good for cycling. they are overtrousers but quite a slim cut as these things go and lined so fairly comfy to wear over shorts.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Yes, I got some of those for hiking but for riding they’re really flappy on me.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

as long as you take care of them I.e wash them in liquid detergent etc they are great in heavy rain. a little sweaty but not mental no.

Junkyard
    Free Member

stealth for me expensive but not flappy and work.
    I found non breathable trousers just too hot/sweaty

Mine are about 6 years old and still fine.

P20

I’ve got the Tenn trousers. Fit is reasonable, they’re reflective, but they do struggle on the breathable front. Only £25 or so from eBay. My commute is short so the boil in the bag effect is manageable

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

[stealth ad]

I’ve got a pair of these for sale in a L (BNWT as well) if anyone wants them. I get too hot to cycle in waterproof trousers, even in winter, so will be sticking to waterproof shorts.

[/stealth ad]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof commuter trouser recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.