Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Waterproof cases for mobile phones
  • Harry_the_Spider

My phone drowned on last Friday’s ride and I don’t want to repeat the experience with my new one. A Tesco tie handle freezer bag (medium sized) clearly isn’t up to the job.

Any recommendations?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Boxit

Use mine for whitewater kayaking, and its held up for the last two years ok.

Richie_B

I’ve had an aquapack case since drowning two phones canoing five years ago. Its worked fine (has been sea immersion tested), isn’t too bulky, and its just about possible to hold a conversation with the phone inside.

Olly
    Free Member

i use a small lockable tupperware box for my camera.

crushproof, waterproof, 75p.

im fairly sure they do one thats about phone sized and shaped.
    might need padding out with some cake/beer money to stop it rattling

hot_fiat

Another vote for aquapack gear. Got one about 5 years ago and has been attached to my surf board’s leash for those “working from home” sessions. Best bit is that you can actually use the phone to some degree while its in the pack.

cxi
    Free Member

I’ve got the original GoreTex version of these:

http://www.ultimateoutdoors.co.uk/item/Brand_outdoor-designs-airstream-drysack_0_0_22136_1.html

The small size is plenty of space for phone, wallet, car keys etc and I’ve never had a drop of water inside.

mogrim

So, you’ve nearly ruined the oak floor, the wife nearly left you for chatting to some blonde bird on twitter, and now you’ve killed your phone.

Nothing personal, like, but you’re a bit of a disaster 🙄

RustySpanner

Double-bag it. Can never be too careful.
    I do, even for a quiet night in on my own.

Alternatively http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=15689%5D

Harry_the_Spider

mogrim – Member
    So, you’ve nearly ruined the oak floor, the wife nearly left you for chatting to some blonde bird on twitter, and now you’ve killed your phone.

Nothing personal, like, but you’re a bit of a disaster

Dead phone / oak floor damage were all as a result of getting PWT on Friday so I count that as one incident. Phone replaced. Floor repaired.

The big naked blonde got a laugh, not a death threat.

All in all i’ve had quite a good weekend.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Aquapak. Got one for the phone, and a titchy one for the car keys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof cases for mobile phones’ is closed to new replies.