Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Waterproof bike cover big enough for a 29+ (Surly ECR)
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Is there one? I really really need one! The Bikeparka Stash is apparently too small for 27.5!! I have tri bars on it too, which would make it even harder to put a cover on 🙁 Would really appreciate some input, need to be able to put it in my backpack too! Thanks (:

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

What size ECR?

I have a motorbike cover I got from CRC which fits over my medium Krampus

Oxford is the brand I think

rocketman
    Free Member

Yeah a motorbike cover works well

A waterproof cover will be heavy and bulky to compress unless it’s been in the sun. A dust cover will pack down smaller but still kind of big

firestarter
    Free Member

Any thin motorbike one but more importantly what’s the ecr like, any good?

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies!! And sorry for my late one! A motorbike cover is a fantastic idea, will get one of those! And size is an issue 🙁 I guess I could just strap it to one of the racks on my bike if worst comes down to worst!

And the ECR….Well I use it as a commuter since it’s the closest thing to a commuting bike I have, but I think there’s something wrong with it. I actually find it slower and more work to ride than my Moonlander on 4.7″ BFLs. It’s really weird. And the brakes aren’t rubbing or anything. I’m really not sure what it is. Would too much rotational weight cause this? I’m using slightly heavier double wall rims (Kris Holm Freeride) that are about 850g…

RustySpanner

Pictures please.

I bloody love these things.
    🙂

I tried a singlespeed one this summer and found it rolled much easier than expected, on the flat, anyway.
    Climbed well on shortish, slippy climbs but it’d kill me round here without gears, eventually.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Haha here you go

Have you got one yet? 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

what’s the ecr like, any good?

You need a Krampus Mick.

firestarter
    Free Member

Lol I had looked at those nick. I’m just curious at the moment tho tbh rather than actual shopping 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve a medium you’re more than welcome to try Mick.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers mate I may have a try in the summer 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

You know where I am.. 8)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof bike cover big enough for a 29+ (Surly ECR)’ is closed to new replies.