• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by akira.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Waterproof bib shorts/leggings
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi all,
    As above really,
    Anyone recommend any waterproof bib shorts/leggings etc for road and commute?
    I commute 3/4 times per week and am now really bored with having a wet behind every day!
    I cant fit mudguards due to tyre clearance so need some help?
    Cheers all

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi Amfib elite bib tights if you can find any. Failing that how about an ass-saver or some montane featherlite over-trousers.

climbingkev
    Free Member

I’ve been impressed with my Castelli Nano bib knickers, my go to when unsure of what the weather is up to.

Bez

I’ve got some Amfib tights. They seem nice, but they’re too large round the waist/arse for me. Never worn them; couldn’t really send them back as I got them from the US. I reckon they’d suit someone of maybe 40″ waist. If they’re of use…? (Picture here.)

funkweasel
    Free Member

Can you not even fit SKS Raceblade Longs?

VanHalen

i`ve some altura attack 3/4 water proof shorts. they are rubbish. better off with cut off £10 specials from mountain warehouse.

didnt realise you could get waterproof lycra. i could wear my normal mtb shorts then..

marco
    Free Member

Cheers for replies guys. Could try a raceblade type.
    Bez – Soz pal but am 30″, thanks anyhoo!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Not waterproof exactly but I have found Lusso Max Repel biblongs quite pleasant in the recent biblical conditions.

Superficial
    Free Member

I would say that you need to put your bib fund towards a bike that can take mudguards. In this sort of weather, it’s mental to be commuting without them.

Er, hth.

teasel
    Free Member

I have a the AmFibs and some Stealth’s and without guards they both allow so much water through it’s like enema.

As above; get guards or suffer. The type of membrane will make no difference, plastic bags notwithstanding…

slightreturn
    Free Member

I have endura superlite shorts, which I think are great.
    also endura stealth tights which I got cheap on chain reaction a few weeks ago, which seem decent

akira

Castelli nanoflex bibs for me as well, they were going cheap at Castelli Cafe but that was a while ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof bib shorts/leggings’ is closed to new replies.