Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Waterproof 3/4 Shorts/Trousers
  • UK-FLATLANDER

Looking at getting some Waterproof 3/4 shorts and wanted to get some user feedback. Not convinced about Endura durability, like the look of the Gore Alp X but a tad expensive but prepared to pay if they perform well. Anything else that I should seriously consider? Altura? Want them for winter riding in the main, but also to use as extra protection for those odd wet Alpine days.

z1ppy

I like altura attack, mine are a few years old & pretty solid, others disagree
    Thread here with a couple of dissatisfied users (hey they complain, but both have been covered under the 2year warranty) but further down the thread someone has linked to a number of threads on the subject

akira

Got some mt500s, no issues so far. Haven’t fallen down and keep me dry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Yetiman
    Free Member

Another Altura Attack fan. I have a pair of Attack trousers that are three years old now and still going strong. They are an excellent fit, slim but with just enough extra material in all the right places, and they are very well made with some neat design touches.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I’ve use some (discontinued now, I think) Endura eVent 3/4s for around 3 years now. Still good as new.

Big-M
    Free Member

eBay – army issue goretex trousers – big pair of scissors – ta da!

pictonroad

I have some Altura Attacks, bought on recommendation from here, but the sizing is laughable.

I have a 32″ waist and I can’t get them tight enough to not fall down, right on the limit of the velcro side cinchers just about holds them up but they’re loose at the back and front.

I don’t know how fat Altura think Mountain Bikers are?

(it hasn’t rained since I bought them, can’t comment on that…)

roverpig

What size are those Attacks? I’m also a (jeans) 32″ waist, so went for a size Large (based on their size guide for my inside leg), but they were too baggy for my liking. So, I’ve sent them back for a pair in Medium (which haven’t arrived yet). Just wondering whether they will also be too baggy now.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’m a 34 waist (34 leg) and my large Attack trousers are a perfect fit, so I reckon the mediums should be fine unless their sizing has changed over the past couple of years.

z1ppy

Can’t find the sizing label on mine (or it been washed blank), but you guy do know that there are tightening tabs on both the waist and the legs?

nixie

I’ve use some (discontinued now, I think) Endura eVent 3/4s for around 3 years now. Still good as new.

On the other side the waterproofing on mine didn’t last a year. Might have been down to mud on my commute route though.

pictonroad

Nope they’re a size small, way too big for a standard (slightly lardy tbh) 32″ waist.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof 3/4 Shorts/Trousers’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts