Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waterloo commuters: Compo available for the recent works period
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Stagecoach have now declared “void days” for the first two weeks of the Waterloo upgrade works just about to end.

The void days are Monday 7 to Friday 11 August and Monday 14 to Friday 18 August, so 10 days.

If you are a season ticket holder (monthly or longer) then this means you can get a pro-rata refund on those 10 days, regardless of whether you actually travelled on any of those days or not.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2017/08/south-west-trains-season-ticket-holder-heres-how-to-claim-a-10-day-refund-for-waterloo-works

So just shy of £250 refund for a monthly ticket holder. I only bought a monthly starting on 14th Aug, so can only claim 5 days; but that’s over £100 so worth doing.

Claim at ticket office or by writing in to Southwester Trains customer services. The new franchisee isn’t doing the same thing for the week just ending so the void days are only for the previous two weeks when Stagecoach ran the franchise.

Message ends.

nedrapier

Cheers, pies! I’ll do that on the way home.

allthepies
    Free Member

The blurb says you can claim from tomorrow so you might have to wait 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m glad I bothered to claim the compo now

Didn’t realise there were credits going back to Feb available.

Just a swipe of the photocard at the ticket office and “which card would you like the refund on ?”.

nedrapier

Got my £277 yesterday. Got it on the way to Lingfield. Resisted the temptation to stick it on a horse in the first race.

Thanks for the nudge!

wwaswas

Resisted the temptation to stick it on a horse in the first race.

There’s £277 riding on that horse!

It’ll lose, the rest have all got jockeys on them.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

yep missus got 200 odd back. My ticket doesn’t expire til next april.

But 200 odd today is better than 200 a yer later I suppose.

bigyinn
    Free Member

One teeny little point, Stagecoach lost the Franchise and First / MTR started running it from 20/08/17, although the official launch was delayed until 4th September because of the Waterloo works.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

308.50 FTW 🙂

thanks for that ATP

aP
    Free Member

Thanks. Of my two SWT dependant colleagues one received £80 after using your link and the other is relying on SWR doing it automatically in December….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I so miss my twice-a-day “sardine-can cancelled services” pleasures on my Leatherhead to Waterloo and back working week.

My sympathies.

😥

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waterloo commuters: Compo available for the recent works period’ is closed to new replies.