Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Water Softeners. Any recommendations?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Looking at the limescale around the house I have decided a whole house water softener is required. Given I plumbed the houses I am comfortable plumbing so will fit it myself.

Just after any recommendations as to what unit to be looking at. House is 3 bed with 3 occupants.

Thanks

Rubber_Buccaneer

Mine is in the garage where space and looks weren’t important. I bought whatever Wicks were selling as it was relatively cheap and took the same salt tablets we use in the (rather larger) softener at a launderette. Electric timer so I turn it off if we are going away and our water use is consistent enough that a metered type wasn’t worth paying more for. Been no bother and I think I’ve had it more than five years.

When looking I came to the conclusion water softener sales is a lot like double glazing sales. Plenty of BS and some trying to charge well over £1000

mrjmt
    Free Member

I looked at this when we were renovating our house, I’m sure I read something about issues with a combi boiler? Can’t really remember to be honest…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Water Softeners. Any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.