Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Water resistant trainers?
  • LMT
    Free Member

Looking for some trainers/shoes that are waterproof or at least resistant to some point. They need to be comfortable due to flat feet (I know don’t laugh!)

These are not for biking but for days out walking around town etc…heading to Dublin in a few weeks, then Edinburgh a few weeks later, and its possible it will rain all the time. The last time I went to Dublin I had wet feet for 3 days can’t be doing that again! I do tend to wear out shoes pretty quick and end up with sore feet hence why trainers.

I forgot to add needs to be a half size, 8.5!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Salomon every time as far as I’m concerned, plenty of goretex offerings.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have these for walking in the woods and stuff, find them very comfortable Salomon XA Pro GTX. They do half sizes.

bigG
    Free Member

These have proved to be waterproof and very comfortable for me.

G

Jamie
    Free Member

Another vote for the Salomon XA Pros. Them or the Ultras (less trainerery) should see you ok.

I forgot to add needs to be a half size, 8.5!

I have to .5 up in Salomon, so you may need a 9. Might be worth order diff sizes from Wiggle and then Collect+’ing the ones that don’t fit.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m my regular size in the Salomons, so yeh best order 2 sizes.

irc

Walking about town in the rain. Surely some sort of casual leather shoe is the way to go? Smooth finish rather than suede.

Or if taking trainers take 2 pairs. First pair gets wet? Dries in your room the next day while you wear the 2nd pair.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The salomons aren’t suede. But then again I wouldn’t wear them about town.

scotroutes

Another XA Pro user here. Other than for cycling/hillwalking that’s what I wear all the time. I go up 1/2 size for the GTX ones.

rone

Meindl, lots of versions.

Aren’t you effectively just going to get them with a goretex lining?

Dr_Bakes

I’m happy with my latest Vans SK8 boots. They’re advertised as weather proof, although I’ve not properly tested this yet. Not sure about half sizes but worth a try? I got mine in Schuh so you could try them out there.

Jamie
    Free Member

I wouldn’t wear them about town.

I always thought that, but I got some Ultra-X (these names) Mids, and have been wearing them all over the place as they’re relatively subtle and bloody comfortable.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do you wear them with cargo pants around town, that would be a super stylish combo 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I wear them with skinny jeans and a vest with elbow patches.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sounds like a strong look 🙂

fubar
    Free Member

New Balance MT610 (v5) here. Very much a regular (/ light trail) trainer rather than a walking shoe style.

e.g. https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/new691256

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Water resistant trainers?’ is closed to new replies.