Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • water damaged phone – repair?
  • Dickyboy

Got caught out in a rain storm & supposedly water proof phone pocket wasn't 👿 – anyone successfully used any of the repair services advertised on line?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If you leave it to dry naturally it may just start working again. Give it a couple of days.

rootes1

first thing you should do with such a phone is remove the battery and sim, and any covered / removal able bits then leave to dry out for several days in the airing cupboard

the key is to remove the batter so as to remove any power to the device even if is is off

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dickyboy

Yep – done all of that, been drying for three days but tis dead, just wondered if there was anyone who'd used the repair services available & if they actually work?

stumpy01

Mate of mine's iPod took 9 days to spring back to life after he dropped it down the loo.

You're better off being patient and leaving it for a week or so, than keep firing it up twice a day to 'see if it's worked' – chances are that may have knackered it.

Dickyboy

Nobody actually had one repaired then?

cinnamon_girl

I did take my Nokia to get fixed (authorised repairer) after it had got pretty wet in my backpack. It did work, cost me £30 I think, but around a month later, it packed up completely.

Dickyboy

Cheers CG – they don't offer any guarantee on their reapairs & at £50 probably best I just buy a cheap replacement anyway – never should have got tempted by the bling in the first place as I only wanted to talk & text anyway….

naokfreek
    Free Member

My old nokia gets wet if it rains as i work outside…been soaking to many times to remember take the battery/sim out and put on the radiator… works for me.

retro83
    Free Member

i did this except it got fully submerged in water with bleach in it…

what I did was to strip the phone as much as possible, then put into a tupperware container filled with rice. Then I changed the rice everyday and resealed it.

After a few days it would boot up, and a few days after that the screen and everything came back to normal.

Not sure if the rice really helped as i didn't have a control experiment 🙂 but it can't hurt surely 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

+1 for gentle heat over a long period my 10 year old has put his phone through the wash twice and we have had it in the oven on a very low heat to rescue it both times

BigJohn

Flood it with wd40

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘water damaged phone – repair?’ is closed to new replies.