Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Water coming through the wall from next door
  • Harry_the_Spider

Who’s insurance pays for the damage to my property?

qwerty
    Free Member

💡 I’d be looking for the external stop cock first! 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

Do you know it’s not one of your pipes that’s leaking ?

Harry_the_Spider

It is coming through the wall adjacent to their bathroom and we have no water above it.

nealglover
    Free Member

Similar to a car claim then.

You inform your insurance of the situation, and give them the contact details of your neighbour and their insurance company.

Your insurance company sort out your house for you, and then they claim it back from next door’s insurance company.

Harry_the_Spider

Update. Just spoke to them. The seal round their shower tray has a hole in it apparently.

gonzy
    Free Member

its as nealglover says…we has the same problem a couple of years ago and had to do the same. eventually the housing association who owned the house next door paid for the wall to be repaired so we didnt need to go via the insurance companies

nickjb
    Free Member

How much damage? If it’s just a bit if staining I’d be tempted to ask them to pay for a tin of paint if just fix it myself rather than get insurance involved. Obviously for more structural stuff then it’s a different matter.

Harry_the_Spider

Just staining at the moment. If he fixes the leak I’ll let it dry and paint it out.

However, I did mention that if it carried on and damaged the plaster then it could get expensive for him.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Water coming through the wall from next door’ is closed to new replies.