Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Water bill
  • mrmo
    Free Member

£143 a year, and i have no intention of getting a meter, even if it is free. Why risk it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mrmo – Member
    £143 a year, and i have no intention of getting a meter, even if it is free. Why risk it?

Well I’m guessing at some point soon you wont have a choice. Unlimited consumption isn’t really going to be a pricing model of the future.

It was a conversation over dinner last night as metering has not been here in Tassie that long. Really changing a few behaviours.

dabble
    Free Member

I’d love a meter, £24.00 a month/ single occupier, but the useless turd that came to do the survey couldn’t figure out which pipe fed my house. Complained to Yorkshire Water about it, they reduced my bill to £22-50 a month, pffft! I was fuming.

But after reading the “£1 a day for clean running water” posts, I feel a bit of a div, thanks for putting it into perspective.

mark d
    Free Member

Just got a bill from Thames Water £560 for the year on months notice to pay, due 3rd March. Good luck getting that. 1 bed flat.

samuri
    Free Member

all the water companies are monopolies.

That’s not entirely true.

Logistically, obviously you get your water from the local wholesale company. That makes sense to keep costs low. However, much like the electric and gas companies, the service can be delivered from anyone.

Right now, domestic customers get this service from the same local, wholesale company that does all the water related activity but if you use more than 5 megalitres a year, you can get the service from anyone who will offer it. You could have a business in Scotland who pays bills to a company in London.

It won’t be long before this limit drops to all customers. You could buy Tesco water no matter who the local wholesale company is. But your bill won’t change. Tesco water will still be regulated in the same way that South West Water is. There’s a cost to delivering water and there’s a cost to taking it away again. Make no mistake, the infrastructure that makes this happen is vast beyond most people’s comprehension and it all needs maintaining, rebuilding, improving and managing. Someone is going to have to pay for that.

toys19
    Free Member

Also the rest of England.and Wales are subsidising Toys19. Bill by £50 p.a. The average Sww bill is £499 you either have a big house, a very large family or a leak

Check your facts by reading this

joat

Just had our bill. £190 for the year, not on a meter. The benefits of a low rateable value property!

jam-bo

The average Sww bill is £499 you either have a big house, a very large family or a leak

£650 a year for a two bed, band B property. You are welcome to pay the difference

toys19
    Free Member

Don’t worry Jambo, Big n Daft is SWW’s publicity officer..
    My house, as I stated clearly, is band C. I think he thinks I am lying.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

facts checked, sorry I missed that as a central government grant the tax payers of the SW are also contributing to the rebate

My house, as I stated clearly, is band C. I think he thinks I am lying.

err my error
    The average SWW bill is £499 you either have a big house or a small house with a high rateable value, a very large family or a leak you can run your garden fountain from the tap

If you think £499 is wrong write to them

they say:

Around 700,000 household customers of South West Water will soon see a new item titled ‘Government Contribution’ on their bills confirming a £50 annual reduction will be applied from this April.

This flat rate deduction, a pledge within the Coalition’s original working agreement, will be paid every year to 2020 and means the average annual household bill for water and sewerage in South West Water’s service area will fall by 7.3% to £499

Yes it’s a standard non-industry view, completely misses the historic lack of investment by the representatives of the people of the SW when it was thought OK to just flush everything out to sea via short outfalls

Bathing Water directive is hitting some sewage works inland as well as direct coastal discharges

footflaps

£440 ish unmeterd which splits 1/3 for water and 2/3 for waste. Cambridge Water Company Band D (I think).

peterfile
    Free Member

My water/sewerage charges are lumped into my council tax bill (scotland). The lowest you’d pay is about £270 and the highest is about £800.

ourmaninthenorth

700 a year, 50/50 on potable/waste. West Lancs.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Water bill’ is closed to new replies.