Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Water bill
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

369 notes FFS and it just falls out of the sky mostly. 400 odd notes to tart it up a bit and stick in some pipes?

cloudnine
    Free Member

A pound a day to provide fresh clean water and remove your effluent ain’t that bad.

allthepies
    Free Member

Mine’s about £120 / yr on a water meter.

Single occupancy however.

project
    Free Member

i live in a block of apartments and we all get charged for water run off the roof,and the nearest roof is 4 floors up.

granny_ring

It is chuffing expensive I agree.
    Over £40 a month for us, bloody meters…..and we try to watch what we use!

footflaps

£36/month without a meter.

edit although I have left the tap on over winter with a hosepipe connected, storing water in the Summerset Levels ready for the summer hosepipe ban.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Mines free as I’ve got my own well, however I spend around £200 on filters/chemicals a year on it.

And if the power goes then I’ve no water…

CheesybeanZ

£25.50 a month , 2 of us in a family size house .

DaveT
    Free Member

ever bought bottles water? its the same stuff (literally the same borehole a lot of the time) but over 1000 times as expensive

peterfile
    Free Member

£1 a day for clean water on demand?

Awful isn’t it?

skids
    Free Member

mine is always about £50 every 6 months on a meter, and 90% of that is standing charges, I don’t have a washing machine though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.wateraid.org/uk/what-we-do/the-crisis
    How much water did you use? Perhaps you could reduce usage, store rain water and many other things if you don’t want to spend as much on your bill.

br
    Free Member

Over £40 a month for us, bloody meters…..and we try to watch what we use!

When on a meter ours never was more than £10pcm and we made no attempt to save water – family of 3.

Have you a leak?

Smudger666

Have you a leak?

Try a bill of £118,000 for a year in an office that housed 12 folk, no showers etc, just hand washing and a kettle!

Turned out there was a leak at the meter going straight into a nearby storm drain – luckily it was there or the circa 20M litres of water could have undermined the whole building!

That’s wasn’t what annoyed me, what annoyed me was that after following the official dispute process, winning and having a formulae applied to the bill, we still owed them over £5k.

Anyways, £1 a day (ish) seems reasonable? Mine is £400/year onto the council tax.

wrightyson
    Free Member

skids – Member
    mine is always about £50 every 6 months on a meter, and 90% of that is standing charges, I don’t have a washing machine though
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Apt user name 😆

toys19
    Free Member

In exeter its 900 a year.

hora
    Free Member

OP you are lucky, Mine was £650 a year for a boggo 3bed semi in Manchester.

I complained but the council had set the rates twenty years ago.

So I complained some more. Its now £420 a year.

jon1973
    Free Member

ever bought bottles water? its the same stuff (literally the same borehole a lot of the time) but over 1000 times as expensive

The cost Bottled water in this country is ridiculous, probably because it’s seen as a bit of a luxury item, – in France it’s about 1 euro for 5 litres, but people don’t tend to drink the tap water as much (not that there is anything wrong with it).

hora
    Free Member

How? In general or your house? What size etc?!!

Thats crazy.

konagirl
    Free Member

… and stick in some pipes

Do you know how much those pipes (and reservoirs and boreholes and wastewater treatment plants and other infrastructure) cost? Look at how much the Thames Tideway is costing to build.

And anyway, at least half of the payment is usually for sewerage.

As has been said, get on a meter and use less! 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Go to Buxton. Fill up from the lions mouth. It is exactly the same water as ?estle bottle. If that ever stops running they are in deep troubles…

konagirl
    Free Member

hora – Member

How? In general or your house?

Council tax Band B in East Anglia, £65 per month, so £780 per annum. 3-bed semi. So if it’s a Band E or F property seems perfectly reasonable.

Water is quite scarce here and expensive to treat, and effluent is expensive to drain and treat, it has to be pumped because we are on the fens. And we pay towards highways drainage in this area too.

hooli

I am sure you could ask the water board to disconnect you if you don’t need it and don’t want to pay for it?

Of all the bills I pay, I don’t think water is bad considering the quality of water we get and how much we need it.

footflaps

Council tax Band B in East Anglia

Oooh get you. Almost in the top band!

konagirl
    Free Member

That would be nice!! Council tax starts from A, i.e. next to bottom band… 🙁

footflaps

oops, My bad!

granny_ring

Have you a leak?

Don’t think so but more investigation needed maybe.

samuri
    Free Member

£369 sounds like a good deal. Collect water (that falls from the sky), treat it, deliver it to your house with a reasonably consistent pressure, wait for you to use it, take it all away again with all your bodily waste, treat it, handle all the incredibly dangerous products you’ve put it in, turn all that into something that can be handled, return any clean water back into the water course. Not forgetting any water that lands on your property (from the sky) all gets taken away as well. Not forgetting anything you shove down the drain gets taken away as well. Like oil and fat and food.

Quid a day? It’s an absolute bargain.

toys19
    Free Member

How? In general or your house? What size etc?!!

Thats crazy.

They base it on square metres don’t they? 3 bed semi, but its the same for all my student houses, all based on 3 bed terraces.

toys19
    Free Member

PS konagirl we pay 1540 a year council tax.. we are band C.
    http://www.exeter.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=8931

toys19
    Free Member

honeybadgerx

What grates on me is the cost of getting a meter installed in Scotland (this would make sense for us, two adults in a high council tax band house), I worked out it’d cost ~£250 for the initial survey to see how they could connect (non-refundable), and then a minimum £1800 to install. This gives a ~6 year payback period, all because I want to install something that in theory should reduce water usage!

toys19
    Free Member

Blimey, I think its free here, they are desperate to get us to install them.

honeybadgerx

Yeah, most places in England it’s free or a nominal charge. Unfortunately I think Scottish Water have a monopoly up here so don’t think there’s much incentive for them to reduce bills!

toys19
    Free Member

all the water companies are monopolies.

oldboy
    Free Member

About £150/year here for a family of three. Metered supply and rainwater into a soakaway (so no charges there). I can’t believe some of the prices on this thread! What are you all doing?

jam-bo

Living in the west country.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Water is free here in NI but not for much longer

toys19
    Free Member

Living in the west country.

yeah and paying for toursim through our water bills. We should have a toll gate on the m5 after Taunton.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

And we pay towards highways drainage in this area too.

If you are connected to sewer you pay highway drainage even if it is not a separate charge

It’s still the freeloaders on septic tanks you should be miffed about

Also the rest of England.and Wales are subsidising Toys19. Bill by £50 p.a. The average Sww bill is £499 you either have a big house, a very large family or a leak

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Water bill’ is closed to new replies.