Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Water Based Radio Controlled fun…?
  • ssmith1979
    Free Member

A week in the lakes soon with my 5yr old. Loves his RC models and keeps asking for a boat or “car that can go on water”.

We’ve had a Nikko Vaporizer amphibious car thing but that died quickly and was frankly rubbish.

Any other ideas? Straight RC boat or “car that can go on water” would be fine!

£50 limit…

Thanks!

Northwind

Which Vaporizer was it? There’s a couple of different models, the bigger one is way better than the tiny one

ssmith1979
    Free Member

Yes it was the tiny one.

Can’t find the bigger one much less than £100ish?

Thanks.

fasthaggis

Bought an RC Power Boat for my son when he was a young un.
    Get a spare battery,I didn’t.

Wow ,look how fast/awesome it is for 12 minutes 🙁

40mpg

What you (he) wants is one of these. Make sure you watch to 30 seconds

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRy9a_Vonww[/video]

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The kids have a hovercraft that has the added bonus of working on hardwood floors too.

phiiiiil

I had a hovercraft ages ago; it was quite slow, and there are surprisingly few places where the shore is low and smooth enough to be able to drive it in and out of the water; most of the time there’s a drop or its too stony. I think I’d rather have had a boat…

karlp
    Free Member

Unlikely for 50 quid.
    Traxxas Slash 4×4 with paddle tyres will drive across water (YouTube) but that will set you back 500.
    For a 5yr old…make a sail boat, use fishing line to haul back to shore (otherwise mucho tears as Swallow sails into the sunset).
    If intent on rc then slower is better for little ones to control.

sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

I have only checked very briefly , but look at the Schumacher rc website, they have something pretty close to your budget!

Hope it helps!
    Sniff

v8ninety

Google search for an FT009 type RC boat. I’ve got a couple of these; they’re great fun, nearly indestructible, not silly fast or antisocial noisy but fast enough for occasional hilarious collisions resulting in flying boats and or submarining boats, they self right and most importantly, you can (as near as damnit) get two for your budget

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Not 50 quid but the Pro Boat Miss Geico or Blackjack.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FOP5_QhH0[/video]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Water Based Radio Controlled fun…?’ is closed to new replies.