Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Watching your kids learn to ride their bikes
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Had a little special moment as our 22month old got the hang of her balance bike this afternoon and was scooting off down the road (private road).. gives you a little warm fuzzy feeling as she was laughing her head off scooting alongside her older sister.

Watty

Great isn’t it?

althepal

Indeed. S’good innit.

mrchrispy

Loved watching my first get the hang of his first real bike, was a little gutted to find his stubborn sitster decided to teach herself with another kids bike at school……little bugger, got to give her credit though. But i have to admit, she’ll be the one riding in a pro team in the future.

soulwood
    Free Member

Stubborn is good. My youngest started on a proper pedal bike when he was 5, after years on a balance bike. Amazed to see him dipping his shoulders when pressing down on the pedals, really giving it some. Eldest son has never tried that hard on his bike. Youngest has always been a stubborn pain in the a**e, guess thats a quality that will pay off on a bike…

foofighter
    Free Member

One of the best moments of fatherhood so far

And I got it on GoPro too 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

Had a quick look at islabikes this morning as its our oldests birthday in a few months. I guessing these are the best little bikes to get? Do they ever have sales or special offers?

maccruiskeen

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaqxIXs_mn4[/video]

binners

Do they ever have sales or special offers?

No, as they don’t have to. However: they’re well worth he money IMO, as their re-sale value is so high. You lose very little on them, so in the long run something cheaper will end up costing you more

ski
    Free Member

top, top feeling seeing them get a little bit of independence on two wheels.

Not suck a good a feeling, when they come flying past you on a climb 🙂

Mike_D
    Free Member

BWAAAARP!

paulevans
    Free Member

[video]https://vimeo.com/40806672[/video]

My lal’uns first outing on her ‘proper bike’.

Very proud moment!

TiRed

My first-born learned a few lessons about bikes yesterday as he climbed the Tourmalet two days past his 15th birthday. Slow up and lots of courage, but God he is fast downhill :-O

tinsy
    Free Member

Paulevans vid. Nice
    http://vimeo.com/40806672

tinsy
    Free Member

It is indeed a special moment.

Tiny Tinsy strutting his stuff… You should see him in the real skatepark on his Hotwalk, but I cant video it as I am too busy running around trying to be there for the crash!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI2mj9xycGk

jarvo
    Free Member

I was really looking forward to teaching my son to ride his bike. I learnt about balance bikes a little too late. I’d just upgraded his bike to a bigger on, still with stabilisers.

I removed the stabilisers from his old bike. He tried to ride it, but was a little wobbly and not interested in any coaching. I thought I’d leave it for another day.

Fast forward a couple of weeks … I got a call from her indoors to look out of the kitchen window. He had grabbed his old bike from the garage and was whizzing up and down the driveway without a wobble! I was so proud of him, but gutted I missed the first time he did it.

I went out and really congratulated him … and then told him that I’d seen him do it, and therefore the stabilisers were coming off his big-bike!

Haven’t looked back since.

That was a couple of months ago. Weekend just gone, I took him round the green track at Llandegla (twice), and the following day, around the 7 mile track at Delamere.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Watching your kids learn to ride their bikes’ is closed to new replies.