Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Watching US TV shows
  • DickBarton

How would someone go about watching a US TV series that is on in the US but not on in the UK yet?
    Anything legal that can be done? It is a hypothetical question but I don’t know the answer…ta.
    If not legit method, how non-legit is the alternative?

sweepy
    Free Member

Well I wouldn’t have a look on showbox as that would be non legit. How non legit I don’t know.

Jamie
    Free Member

What is the show?

km79
    Free Member

Anything legal that can be done?

https://www.virginatlantic.com/

DickBarton

Not really a show, just curious. A couple.of folk at work chatting today about a show and 1 said they had seen it but it wasn’t on in UK yet…I wondered how it was done…didn’t ask as I wasn’t paying much attention but now I’m thinking about it I’m curious to know how.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Really depends on what show / network etc.

There’s quite a bit on Hulu, not a huge amount of stuff you can’t get here but some. It’s not easy but if you’ve got a friend in the US with an account or one that you can pay to open one and a VPN you can watch. Not strictly legal, but less people looking to catch you and morally closer to goodness.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh “how it’s done” streamed via hooky sites or downloaded from a torrent site would be my guess.

Some hardcore Big Bang Theory fans can’t wait to see ‘Young Seldon’ I’ve no idea why…

DickBarton

OK…sounds like the dodgy method is probably most likely…given who was chatting about it, ta.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep the only legal way to watch is find a UK chanel or source who have bought the rights. Streaming services like Netflix are taking back control of a lot of stuff so simultaneously releasing across the world is becoming more common. For other stuff that sky own for instance they will have their release planned.
    Even in the last year stuff is getting much better, few series where Netflix were miles behind and now are a week or so.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m a hardcore Bg Bang fan and after seeing the first episode of S11 I think I’ll leave it unwatched from now on.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Watching US TV shows’ is closed to new replies.