Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • watching someone die…. (Iran content)
  • MTT
    Free Member

alpin – you’d be right.

and bomberman;

MTT if you think thats sexually exciting you need your head examined.

seriously smee and MTT you don’t have a *****ng clue

What is pleasurable about watching blood spurting out of an innocent young girls face? sick f*cker.

smee, where’s the pleasure in it? or maybe you got a little stiffy watching it

Insightful.

mikey3
    Free Member

I remember a video we were shown in work about fire saftey ,a towerblock in rio caught fire and a guy jumped out ,it showed a close-up after he hit the ground,still stuck in my memory even now,guess i,m not cut out to view that kind of thing,thank ****

crikey
    Free Member

So girl gets shot in the street, gets filmed dying, pics go round the world, and you lot end up slagging each other off?

Great, really good job there chaps… 🙄

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

first i’ve heard about that video and like an idiot i watched it.

absolutely everything aside (Iran,demonstrations,violence etc. etc.) Not only is that so shocking it does not warrant a second viewing it must be fantastic to know that a persons last moments on earth however they die is public domain for every idiot with an internet connection.

It’s bad enough that poor girl had to die for absolutely no reason but the fact that everyone and their dog feels the need to comment on it or debate whether or not we should watch it.

The internet i’m sure is a wonderful thing, but I wonder how happy anyone on here would be knowing that if their child or partner died under horrible circumstances with nothing but fear in their eyes, and then 5 minutes later people are looping their last moments on a f**king mountain bike website

This absolutely sickens me

eldridge
    Free Member

like an idiot i watched it.

Don’t be so hard on yourself

Ask yourself: If the Iranian regime could have suppressed that video, would they have?

The answer of course is yes, they would have.

So they would have deprived you of an important picture of what is going on in Iran.

By viewing it, however awful it makes you feel, you have informed yourself about the truth of the Iranian regime.

No doubt you have seen the British Army bulldozers shovelling emaciated corpses into grave pits in Belsen

Do you feel an idiot for watching that?

You’re not a voyeuristic idiot – you’re a witness to history

Get over yourself and watch as much footage out of Iran as you possibly can.

Witness is evidence

ton

just watched it, horrible stuff…..
    what happened to her to make that happen.
    when it started she was stood up.

eldridge
    Free Member

CountZero

ton, you’ve obviously missed the news reports about the unfortunate young lady. She was in a car held up in traffic, got out for some air, and was murdered by a government militia sniper. While she was allegedly a supporter of the Green movement in Iran, she was a kilometer away from any protest, along with her music teacher. I personally feel no need to watch this poor girl’s last moments, just reading about her fills me with an almost overwhelming sense of profound sorrow and anger. Sadly, I’m afraid there will be many more like her before there is any change to the regime in power in Iran.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

bomberman,

Felt I had to comment over your self rightous anger at the others.

Firstly, I think the others were making a general comment that watching this footage was voyeuristic by many who viewed it – I do not think they were telling us that it was voyeuristic to them.

Secondly,voyeurism is the act of watching something for some sort of gratification.

NOT sexual gratification or for pleasure in all cases.

For example, you could watch it for the gratification you get from improving your understanding of the harsh political and military regime which exists in Iran.

The main problem seems to be that a word has numerous meanings, you choose one of those meanings and believe that when others use the word they are using it in the context you use it in.

Happens a lot on here.

As for the actual incident, people die horribly all over the world every day, often to ensure we continue to get access to cheap goods and resources.

It is a shame for that person and their family but not unusual.

To read and hear the comments you’d think no-one ever died unjustly and that this young woman was the first.

Drac

The internet i’m sure is a wonderful thing, but I wonder how happy anyone on here would be knowing that if their child or partner died under horrible circumstances with nothing but fear in their eyes, and then 5 minutes later people are looping their last moments on a f**king mountain bike website

Essentially it’s no different then discussion such tragedies in a pub with you mates or at work, life is open to discussion.

andywhit
    Free Member

>Essentially it’s no different then discussion such tragedies in a pub with you mates or at work, life is open to discussion.

Except that your pub discussions aren’t then available to anyone on t’internet who happens to be googling something. Unless your mates have really loud voices 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

There is something tells me that there are a lot of people on here who have mates with very loud voices…

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I clicked the link yesterday. I must admit i clicked the link because i was intrigued to see someone die from being shot. Not really that bothered about its relevance in the whole Iran/Green thing. Lets face it, before i clicked the link i knew that things were bad and people had died. After i clicked the link i also knew things were bad and people had died. I think the comment about voyeurism (sp) is entirely relevant.

The actual video, well i was rather underwhelmed. It was grainy and all i saw was a young lady looking at the camera and then from a distance what looked to be lots of blood coming from her mouth/nose. Is it any worse than watching a 18 rated video?

therealhoops
    Free Member

Tis a sad fact but crap like that happens everyday. Morbid curiosity has led me to watch some mind buggeringly sick stuff on t’interweb.
    My personal view is that ALL religion should be banned but I also reckon that everyone has the right to choose.

whatyagonnado?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

[Is it any worse than watching a 18 rated video?]

Yes, because its real.

{No need for personal insults as well – Mod}

therealhoops
    Free Member

Maybe we should send Harry Patch over there. He’s seen far worse than any of us could ever imagine. I’m sure he’d verbally bang some heads together.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘watching someone die…. (Iran content)’ is closed to new replies.