Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Watching kids ride
  • NZCol

Just a small parental gush if I may. Spent Sat afternoon at Comrie Croft with my 2yr old, she was on her Rothan and it was incredible to watch her going round the track at the base area for, well ages really. She only got on her balance bike outside 2 weeks ago! Once she works out how to brake it will be all on.

And a note on Comrie Croft, great spot, great trails, had a good ride thrashing around and the Red has some sections that keep you honest. Well done all , will be back. Just a shame you can’t camp in a camper there, tents only.

hatter

Brilliant innit?

Had a great time with the nippers yesterday, wee man did over 3 miles of the Alban Way on his runner bike whilst his little sister lay in repose in the Chariot, they both slept like logs last night, good times.

wiggles
    Free Member

Just got my 4yr old going on his first bike with pedals after flying about on his balance bike for a few years, I give him a push to get him started he then pedals like a madman giggling away to himself before crashing about 10-20ft and wanting to do it again and again.

Great fun, can’t wait until he properly gets the hang of it and we can go a bit further, he loved the skatepark on his balance bike so will be a while off but will be riding this one there soon as well.

matt_outandabout

And a note on Comrie Croft, great spot, great trails, had a good ride thrashing around and the Red has some sections that keep you honest. Well done all , will be back. Just a shame you can’t camp in a camper there, tents only.

^ This.
    Comrie goes from strength to strength. They are putting in massive effort to make it a fabulous riding/walking/family friendly spot to stay or day visit. Great shop, great cafe (mmmm, lemon drizzle) and a really relaxed atmosphere, with kids and chickens wandering at will.

The new upper red is rather splendid as well. If you like Laggan rocks, you will like this.

*edit* – and kids on bikes ROCK.

One of mine, Comrie on Friday.

NZCol

Yeah i did all the red loops and then went back up quickly and did the Black descent which was strangely easier than the red one. Great spot though.

matt_outandabout

I thought the black was easier than much of the red now as well. But if we are honest, in the wet on Friday, the ‘kind of old’ red descent is really a black run in many places….
    And the new Red is just an ace rattle, that really keeps you on your toes.
    (not my video, sorry about the music and bonnet of car shots… 😕 )
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayhk9jh5ojQ[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Need to persuade mine onto a pedal bike from her balance bike. I think she needs a 16, she can’t really pedal the 12.

peabrain
    Free Member

Just remembered about this thread and thought it would be a good place to share 😀

[video]https://youtu.be/AjSaYkDuINI[/video]

matt_outandabout

That little ripper is faster than most folk on here.. 😆

peabrain
    Free Member

Be faster than me soon that’s for sure!

I wish I had got a video of him at the end of last season when he was still 3 – he was going faster and getting more air than he was on sunday. He will be flying by the end of this year when he has had a bit more practice. It will help when the uplift starts again, not easy on little legs getting to the top!

peabrain
    Free Member

Oh and I meant to say he is way happier getting air than I am… 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Watching kids ride’ is closed to new replies.