Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Watching Iplayer/Netflix abroad
  • RoganJosh
    Free Member

I work abroad a lot and would like to watch my UK Netflix (that I pay for) and Iplayer (I have a licence), can anybody recommend a way? Happy to use a VPN but I have had limited success in the past, if somebody can recommend one that will work then great.

Ta

gobuchul
    Free Member

Netflix works fine, no need for a VPN. Content varies from country to country.

For iPlayer you need a VPN, I had Tunnel Bear for a while, but it was a bit shit, especially considering how much they charged.

There are free VPN’s but I only used them for BBC Radio, rarely sufficient bandwidth for video.

You could install Kodi and the various video add-ons. Legality is a bit of a grey area though.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Ye that’s the issue, the Netflix is pretty rubbish where I’m based.

What was the issue with tunnel bear? I don’t know what kodi is but I’ll google.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ExpressVPN still works for Netflix and I player. One month trial is around 10’pounds I think . Unotelly works well for iplayer but not Netflix, free 1 month trial.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m currently in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and using CyberGhost to watch iplayer

slackboy

I’ve used ghost vpn successfully on my tablet

Flaperon

Some routers (Asus?) let you run your own VPN. Most ISPs will give you a static IP if you ask nicely, and with fibre broadband you get more than enough bandwidth.

Especially useful if you need to buy stuff while you’re abroad, both for security and the fact that many card transactions fail based on location tracking via your IP address.

scaredypants

might Hola work ? (I’ve never tried it though I’ve had it on a laptop for a while)

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^^ scardy Hola not recommended, there have been a few theads and links to articles,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Watching Iplayer/Netflix abroad’ is closed to new replies.