Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Watching F1 without SKY…
  • the-muffin-man

I currently have Sky, and the only thing I watch on it is F1 (all other TV viewing is BBC1, BBC2 C4 etc). At £35 per month this seems rather silly (although I do love F1!).

I know the beeb broadcast half the races in full, so that’s some of the season covered, but is there any way to watch the other races in full on a pay-per-race basis. Or even watch them in full after the race.

I’m not bothered about watching live, but I do like to see the whole of a race, not highlights.

Cheers!

stumpy01

Do you know anyone with Sky Go who doesn’t use all their subscriptions?

A mate of mine has given me his log-in so I can watch the races that aren’t in full on the BBC on my laptop…..

zokes
    Free Member

Move to Australia?

Bimbler
    Free Member

German satellite TV – RTL I think have it, or at least used to. Amazing how little I’ve missed watching F1 since it went on to Satellite

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Clicky

Now TV

HTH

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good idea but that does mean a lot of night time sport

boblo
    Free Member

@bimbler RTL on Astra 19e. A really cheap dish + box is all you need. I picked mine up from B&Q for £20. Commentary from R5Live.

andytherocketeer

I watch it on RTL (but then I’m in Germany already), and have Radio 5 Live (or R5L SX) for the audio, but that’s a few seconds ahead of the pictures, so you get advance warning of a crash/overtake or a messed up pitstop.
    Need a funky twin LNB setup for the dish in the UK though, to get both RTL and all the Sky/Freesat stuff. (edit: or just point the dish in the wrong direction if you don’t care about UK satellite stuff)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Watching F1 without SKY…’ is closed to new replies.