Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Watches – how many, is too many?
  • nickmsm
    Free Member

TurnerGuy, glad you found a quick cure! I have all the ‘OWN’s’ you mention and still yearn for more. The Speedy is one watch that doesn’t get worn a lot though, I don’t know why but I really should wear it more as it is such a classic.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Currently at 7. Keep pondering adding another…!

meesterbond

I’ve got 11 or 12 I think… 5 nice ones (JLC, IWC, Panerai, Parmigiani and an Omega), a few sports ones and another 2 or 3 I don’t think I ever wear.

Haven’t bought a new one for at least 18 months though and I wouldn’t sell any of my current ones so that’ll be if for the foreseeable future.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

2 is 1 too many.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Got several nice watches, but my last purchase, this one cured my “wanting” Its not too flash, and looks stylish IMO.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My latest was one of these;

Now with a proper NATO strap, though.

IHN

Its not too flash

It is pretty flash. Nice, but pretty flash.

lunge

In not sure I want to find my OWN, I like having a few options, most get with reasonably regularly anyway.

beefheart
    Free Member

A million watches would be way too many.

CountZero

I’ve got three wearable watches, a 1980’s Tag Series 1000, a Yokobies mod Seiko 5, and the one I’m wearing, my Seiko ‘SPORK’, which is probably my OWN; it fulfills all my criteria, it’s a good, solid watch, it’s comfortable to wear, it’s keeping excellent time, since I spent time regulating it myself, and, most importantly to me, the face is clear, uncluttered and as easy to read as its possible to get, including in the dark.
    Of course, if the money was available, I’d love something like a Panerai, but the reality is I’d track down a Seiko ‘Tuna’ and wear that as an alternative.
    My Seiko cost me about £350-ish, and it’s difficult to justify spending more than that, when it’s currently about 12 seconds out after a month.

A SPORK, identical to mine.

A ‘TUNA’, the only other watch I’d seriously consider buying, if I had £700-ish to spare.
    I couldn’t justify any more; I like watches, but not to collecting lots of them.
    Hmmm, just did a quick Goog, and found this one:
    http://www.higuchi-inc.com/sbdx011.html
    A really nice 1000m Automatic SBDX011 Tuna can, £1575…
    Bugger, way outside my meagre finances. Maybe the lottery will cough up… 🙁

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Each to there own and the “TUNA” must be very specific to diving, but its FUGLY.

aracer
    Free Member

This many:

michaelbowden

Currently 7, none of them very expensive, most purchased secondhand. Seikos are fantastic value, I’ve and orange monster and a yellow kinetic. Not sure on tuna’s, I like the spork. Yobokies does a lovely white monster mod that i really fancy….

rudebwoy
    Free Member

gave them up thirty odd years ago– i’m still alive..

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Watches – how many, is too many?’ is closed to new replies.