• This topic has 55 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Watches
  • Saccades
    Free Member

mleh – is it a diver or a pilots watch?

I don’t like it. However Yobokies can build you an aftermarket one if you want (modded skx007/009) if you really want.

AdeC
    Free Member

so what did you go for OP?

This thread (or more specifically Saccades) convinced me to get a new watch (a Steinhart titanium diver). So cheers for starting it!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I also agree that Citizen isn’t a looker however I do like those Seiko divers watches.

I like automatic watches and for £700 I’d be thinking about maybe a classic Omega or the like.

seadog99
    Free Member

Longines Hydro Conquest ? Good historic brand, excellent movement, not much to find wrong with it for the money. Blue or Black, I love mine

deepreddave
    Free Member

As a part time WIS there’s some good recommendations here. Worth remembering that C Ward regularly have 50% off sales which often include the Trident range so a big saving. Check when buying too as know a few have come on their crocodile strap for no extra cost which is a bargain.
    Steiny movements and build quality is good and Eddie at TZ does some nice stuff too being relatively rare and good vfm.
    Check out Certina as they’ve not been mentioned and Tissot as both do powermatic versions so longer power reserve off the wrist which can be handy if you wear a beater/g shock or similar over the weekend.
    Stretch the budget a touch and you could have a Damasko which is my next target – it’s a Sinn but better 🙂

CountZero

biglee1 – Member
    I would love a Seiko SPORK but can`t get my hands on one

I got really lucky, I’d seen a photo of one, possibly on here, I can’t remember, absolutely fell in love with it, because of the clear easy to read face, did some searches, and found one NOS with full warranty in the Midlands, for £350, IIRC.
    Used money my mum left me, and I’m still chuffed to bits with it.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

seadog99

The Longines does have a look of Rolex about it, nice watch.

I bought a slim Maurice lacroix 20 years ago, lovely slim mechanical watch but blooming un reliable.

mrmoofo

Do have a look at the Steinhart range. I have a racer timer blue which is a very nice watch for not a lot of money

Saccades
    Free Member

AdeC – Member

This thread (or more specifically Saccades) convinced me to get a new watch (a Steinhart titanium diver).

I’m a bit of a seiko fanboy – modded stargate, full on FFF mod and planning a skx031 mod next.

plus-one

Some decent watches but none of them fit to lace the boots of a G shock !!

Saccades
    Free Member

😉

Saccades
    Free Member

Just got pictures of the final build, which is nice.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Stowa Marine Original…though probably closer to £1K. Worth it though.

righog
    Free Member

Check out Bathys watches

Bathys

Don’t know much about them really came across them via this vid. But I like the look of them.

[video]https://youtu.be/HP32vxEKSgw[/video]

geetee1972
    Free Member

My wife bought me this when we got engaged. Definitely a keeper (as is the watch).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/D7xNvK]5443[/url] by Greg Turner, on Flickr

toby1

Bit of a fan of my Elliot Brown, not auto, but that just means it tells the time accurately 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Watches’ is closed to new replies.