Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Watch out- Sherwood Pines bike thefts
  • beaker

I’ve just come back from a family walk in the sun at Sherwood Pines. As we got back to car a woman and her son were stood at the back of their car, having just discovered that three out of four of their bikes had been stolen from the rack on the back of their car. It was heart breaking and I didn’t know what to say. They’d been out for a pedal, locked the bikes to each other and to the rack and then nipped to the shop for a a couple of minutes. They had come back to find them stolen.

There’s been several bikes stolen today and I assume there’s a race on over the weekend, going by all the tape that’s been put up. If you’re going keep a close watch on your bike….

chevychase

Tis shit. All the trail centres are like that. Organised regular theft.

We never let our bikes out of one of our group’s sight. Ever.

baroman
    Free Member

Sherwood, like lots of trail centres is in a deprived area – tis put there to encourage tourism and boost the local economy tha knows. Take the biggest lock you can find, and consider making use of the bike locker scheme on site.

cozz
    Free Member

A deprived area ! really ?

you don’t get out much do you ?

cozz ( 10 mins by bike from pines) !

rone

Agree with the above, also live local. Pines has developed over the years not because it’s a deprived area but because it gets huge footfall.

Sherwood has its problems from time to time but it’s certainly not any worse than anywhere else.

daern
    Free Member

We’ve been at Cannock Chase today and you’re very aware, especially around Birches Valley, that there are a lot of very expensive bikes lying around.

Our general rule is that the bikes are never out of sight, even for a moment. Yes, sometimes this means that we eat lunch outside, in the rain, but these places are a honey-pot for tea-leaves and I’m certainly not going to be an easy target.

On the other side, the trails are in absolutely superb condition, especially considering the terrible weather in October, and I don’t think we saw a drop of mud over the whole day. Loved the new rock garden section near Birches too – excellent bit of fun!

Have a good weekend riding all, and stay safe 🙂

tdog
    Free Member

Only gotta look and hear FOD that an element of truth to what baromam says.

But that is tarring all trail centre areas with the same brush plus FOD is soooo worth a visit plus it’s a bonus if someone tries it on with my or mates bikes as a good fisticuff would ensue.
    😈

rmgvtec
    Free Member

There was a spate a while back, shame the tea leaves have found there way back again.

On another note do you know if the red route is open tomorrow? Im planning to go for a quick lap in the morning…

crazybaboon

There’s a cyclocross race on tomorrow, don’t know how much it effects the red route

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Watch out- Sherwood Pines bike thefts’ is closed to new replies.