Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Watch fans – sub £100 smartish watch?
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

£100 would get you a modded yobokies Seiko easily.

Merak

Ok I’m going to mail this yobokies.

Damn this thread.

CountZero

I’d like one of those Yobokies, is £100 a realistic budget for one?

Mine’s a couple of years or so old now, but IIRC, it was around $119, which put it a bit less than £100. Bear in mind that the original 5 Military style auto can be had for as little as £45:
    http://www.a-watches.com/seiko-snk809k2-automatic-military-mens-watch-snk809/?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=39790695642&utm_content=pla
    You pay a bit more for the customising, like case polishing and new face and hands, like mine, which brings the price back closer to the RRP of a stock watch.
    Of course, you then have a watch that is customised, for the price of one from a high-street retailer, something which would be impossible to do any other way, that’s affordable, anyway.

tang
    Free Member

I got one of these cheap 6 years back. Stuck a black NATO strap on it and all still good.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/2513306/Trail/searchtext%3ECITIZEN+ECO+DRIVE.htm

postierich
    Free Member

Don’t by a Nite watch bought one off the classifieds on my 3rd strap, made of cheese the last one from Nite is supposedly made of better rubber. Strap pins keep coming loose to 🙁

grantway
    Free Member

Not bad for an automatic Seiko metal bracelet Divers watch

£ 100 pound Seiko metal braclet divers watch

Same watch with rubber strap £ 90.00p

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’d like one of those Yobokies, is £100 a realistic budget for one?

I think I paid £89 for mine or about that. Plus £20 for a leather strap.

He will mix and match hands and faces, that’s what I got anyway, didn’t like the tie shaped hands so got straight ones like he had shown on another watch

hora
    Free Member

No offence meant but none suggested are smartish unless you go for a simple/plain watch? Swatch are sooooo 90’s though!

superfli
    Free Member

As CountZero.
    I got a Seiko pilot watch for about £45 the other week from http://www.sports-watch-store.com/snk805k2-snk805-nylon-seiko-5-military-automatic-mens-watch/

I use it as a day to day watch ’cause its cheap. Got a Seinhart on order for special occasions 🙂

p7rich
    Free Member

[img]http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/mogulsea/snk809k21.jpg[/img]

Casio £7. Seiko £50.

geoffj

Thanks off the additional suggestions.
    I already have a Seiko automatic diver, but I find it too bulky to wear everyday.
    I can’t make my mind up on the Skagens, but something from Yokoobies (Harold) might fit the bill.
    Chronographs are ok, but the dials are a bit too busy for me.

Any more for any more ?

lyrikal
    Free Member

I had a seiko 5 and found it noisy and it just felt a bit rattly or loose, it was also a terrible time keeper.

My latest is the seconda titanium chronograph and for the money it is great, looks more expensive than it’s price tag and as it’s full titanium it is surprisingly light

Sekonda titanium

unovolo
    Free Member

I had a seiko 5 and found it noisy and it just felt a bit rattly or loose, it was also a terrible time keeper.

I would suggest that there was something wrong with it ,I have a oldish one that is pretty quiet the only time I here anything is either when holding it directly to my ear ,or giving it a swing in a quiet room then I can just about here the rotor winding.

Mines good for a few seconds a week and is worn for everything at work including hammering,drilling with a Bosch Hammer drill etc.

Seiko 5’s are great for the money.

CountZero

Hmmmm, there’s a problem with that, then. Neither of my Seiko’s are at all audible, in any circumstances, even utter silence, and the 5 is no worse than any digital watch like my Casio. I haven’t worn it for extended periods since I got my SPORK, and that is very accurate now I’ve tweaked it, but I don’t think the 5 is more than a minute or so a month out.
    My 70’s Yema, which is pure mechanical, is fairly loud when it ticks, I can hear it a metre away late at night, but otherwise it’s a lovely movement, now it’s been serviced. Same movement as Raymond Weil and Breightling used back then, apparently.

ojom
    Free Member

Got 2 Seikos. 1 5 military in black and the one that Captainflasheart posted.

Both excellent. Really excellent.

jkomo

Just recieved my watch, ordered from watch hubs in HK with their free post option.

geoffj

I’ve decided to go for one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Analogue-Stainless-Bracelet-EFR-100SB-1AVEF/dp/B008R52I3C/

Ticks all the boxes for me and well under budget.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Watch fans – sub £100 smartish watch?’ is closed to new replies.