Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Watch aficionado's – A smaller version of a Elliot Brown Canford ?
  • Vortexracing

Have had my eye on an Elliot Brown Canford for the past 18 months, anyway ordered one last week and it’s everything I was hoping for except it’s BIG./b] (44mm)

I was drawn to the small company, they appear to be built to last, look nice i.e. understated and nice range of straps.

What other options are out there of similar quality and robustness, but smaller for around the £300 mark?

ta in advance

lunge

A Seiko 5 of some variety? You’ll get change from your £300 too.

Vortexracing

A Seiko 5 of some variety? You’ll get change from your £300 too.

cheers but they seem to be the 42-44mm size, which is the same as the Canford 🙁

nickdavies

I can think of nothing on the money.
    Stowa, alpina, ch ward do styles you’d like in that size but 1000+

What about the new geckota watch, pilots style and 40mm for £200. Not black case or dual crown though but you’ll struggle. Citizen to an eco drive sport in that style but it’s 42mm. Would be a better watch too.

Hamilton khaki? 42 but wears small.

Edit: which colour combo? I assumed black on black I thought from your post but reading again you don’t actually mention it.

CountZero

44mm isn’t that big! It’s about the same size as my Seiko SPORK, and the little Casio MW-240 I’m wearing that I bought for my step-dad is 42mm, and doesn’t look oversized on my skinny wrist.

It’s about as basic a watch as you can get.

Saccades
    Free Member

<39mm? Seiko 5

SNKM75
    SNX809
    SNKE59
    SNKM79

Want more choices?

Wally

Seiko Alpinist
    link

Vortexracing

Edit: which colour combo? I assumed black on black I thought from your post but reading again you don’t actually mention it.

its actually this one

<39mm? Seiko 5

SNKM75
    SNX809
    SNKE59
    SNKM79

Want more choices?

Seiko Alpinist

cheers , i’ll have a look at those, Seiko seem to be a popular recommendation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Watch aficionado's – A smaller version of a Elliot Brown Canford ?’ is closed to new replies.