Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Wasted week off work…
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Been off last week, but not been able to do anything thanks to a healthy dose of the squits.
    Culminating in having to spoon a sample into the world’s smallest sample jar for the Doc’s.
    Said Dr.s receptionist took great delight in informing the rest of the waiting room by saying in her loudest outdoor voice “stool samples in the box by the door!!!” 😳
    7 days of stomach cramps and hard!y any food.
    Lord knows how that smell can came from something I have produced.. 😕

GregMay
    Free Member

But think of how light you’ll be! KOMs are in your future.

IHN

I you were that poorly that you couldn’t have worked anyway, you can take the time as sick leave and have the holiday time back to re-use

jekkyl

lol, thank you for sharing!
    having the squits for a week! 😕 christ! hope you’re better soon.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I you were that poorly that you couldn’t have worked anyway, you can take the time as sick leave and have the holiday time back to re-use

This! God bless the EU!

I’ve had the squits all last week too. Utterly draining, but I have discovered Wheeler Dealers, so every cloud and all that…

What I wanted to know was, even though I’d not eaten anything, I kept producing (albeit in small amounts). What the hell was I shitting out?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Fortunately I am the only one in the house to be suffering. 🙁
    Plus side – discovered (and watched all of) Preacher. 😀

jimdubleyou

I kept producing (albeit in small amounts). What the hell was I shitting out?

Hopefully not your liver or kidneys.

kimbers

Annual leave?

https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave

If an employee is ill just before or during their holiday, they can take it as sick leave instead. An employee can ask to take their paid holiday for the time they’re off work sick. … Employers can’t force employees to take annual leave when they’re eligible for sick leave.

Rubber_Buccaneer

You have my sympathy, I missed Big Dog last weekend due to fear I’d end up laying a pat in the woods 🙁

“stool samples in the box by the door!!!

You know what you should have done… 😀

tomhoward

I’ve had the squits all last week too. Utterly draining, but I have discovered Wheeler Dealers, so every cloud and all that…

The silver lining being that you got the shits?

‘Old aaaht yer ‘a…actually, never mind…

Cougar

Utterly draining

Literally.

globalti
    Free Member

What did you eat? A burger? Or did you drink creek water in Canada or the USA and get beaver fever?

soobalias
    Free Member

here that would count as 10days sick (assuming you didn’t attend today) two weekends and the five days you had booked as leave.

more than 8days in a calendar year gets you a warning (unless you find you have one of a limited list of actual diseases) and another day off sick in the next 12months would see you on the verge of dismissal.

suck it up and take the leave.

trail_rat
    Free Member

And it’s rules like that soobalis that mean we have doctor’s surgery up and down the country run off their feet with folks trying to get sicknotes for the shits to ensure Draconian measures such as your company employs don’t effect them.

prawny

I had similar last autumn, over a week of hourly shitting, it was horrendous.

about 5 days in we had front row tickets for Bill Bailey at the Civic, couldn’t be confident I could stay away from the toilet for an hour so we gave them away :sadface:

munrobiker
    Free Member

here that would count as 10days sick (assuming you didn’t attend today) two weekends and the five days you had booked as leave.

more than 8days in a calendar year gets you a warning (unless you find you have one of a limited list of actual diseases) and another day off sick in the next 12months would see you on the verge of dismissal.

suck it up and take the leave.

What the shit?

IHN

What the shit?

Crap like that (excuse the pun) is not uncommon. I once worked with someone who came to work looking and feeling like death (she said it actually hurt to blink), because she was up to her limit of sick days that year (all of which were Kosher, she’d just been unlucky that year illness-wise) and would be up for a disciplinary if she had any more.

She made it through a couple of days before she managed to get an appointment at the docs, where she was diagnosed with swine flu…

tomhoward

I’d be knackered then, after 8 years of no sick days I had 3 weeks off as the surface of my eyes were so dry and rough I couldn’t see my screen well enough to make out what was written on it

trail_rat
    Free Member

When you Ill you Ill. Policy won’t change that.

I’ve argued it in the past and I’ll argue it in the future. Frankly anywhere that encourages folk to drag their arses to work when propper ill doesn’t sound like a nice environment to work in.

Jakester
    Free Member

IHN – Member
    What the shit?
    Crap like that (excuse the pun) is not uncommon. I once worked with someone who came to work looking and feeling like death (she said it actually hurt to blink), because she was up to her limit of sick days that year (all of which were Kosher, she’d just been unlucky that year illness-wise) and would be up for a disciplinary if she had any more.

She made it through a couple of days before she managed to get an appointment at the docs, where she was diagnosed with swine flu…

I was sent home by work after feeling particularly poorly and not wanting to fall foul of the 4 strikes rule (I’d previously had some pretty savage dental problems which had meant hospitalisation).

I was subsequently diagnosed with pneumonia which, the doctor said, might have been exacerbated by the stress of dragging myself into work because of the HR policy. Spent all of Christmas ill. Funnily enough when I got back in the new year, HR did a ‘rebalancing’ which somehow meant they owed me a few days’ holiday, without any pay deduction for the time I’d been off. Strange how that worked, eh?

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’d be out then. Last jan was two weeks recovery from tumour removal then 4.5 weeks radio therepy.

I guess it’s my own fault – didn’t catch the cancer I actually grew it myself!

totalshell

harsh though it might sound i ve known people dismissed for continued absence from work. one branch i worked at sacked 22 for that reason in one financial year. policy was respected by everyone because it kept the shirkers at work so that their work mates didnt have to do the job instead. harsh on folks with genuine life changing illnesses but I used to sit down with them and try and work around where i could .. company once paid for a lady to have private counselling and drug misuse support after a set of circumstances befell her that she and the nhs could nt cope with.

tomhoward

Did you work for sports direct?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Wasted week off work…’ is closed to new replies.