Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Waste ground – what would you do with this?
  • natrix
    Free Member

For now you could put down some old bits of roofing felt to see if any slow worms turn up. Something interesting to show the kids if they do.

logical
    Free Member

Bury the wife.

molgrips
    Free Member

Two doors down have a nice petrol mower, that might work. The ground is pretty rough and rocky under the weeds mind.

wwaswas

don’t worry, it won’t be your mower 😉

brakes
    Free Member

in all seriousness

lemonysam
    Free Member

If you do the mowing trick can I give you a tip. Either attach yourself to the fence at the top or think VERY carefully about a deadmans handle setup for the mower.

I worked for a landscaping firm for a while and was mowing a steep bank which gave way underneath me and flipped the lawnmower pinning the deadman’s handle so I couldn’t pull the release pin. I was then sliding down the bank toward the spinning blades. Fortunately the handle pulled at the last second and the blades came to a stop on my steel toe cap, still with enough momentum to spit my boot open and turn all my toenails black.

Still occasionally have nightmares about that.

sugdenr
    Free Member

PSA If you are going to mow that with a petrol mower, you will need a 2 stroke. I had a 2 stroke one, got it from the Roger Taylor. Sold it to a welsh chap with a lawn on a hillside….tis how I learned that 4 strokes go bang on hills due to oil starvation.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Waste ground – what would you do with this?’ is closed to new replies.