Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Wasing Park – any experience of riding / racing round there?
  • DaveBro
    Free Member

This years ‘24 & 12 Hours of Exposure – European and UK Solo MTB Champs is being held at Wasing Park (11th – 12th May 2013).

Does anyone have any experience of riding / racing round there? If so, I would appreciate info on the terrain, what the course will be like ie;

• Topography – likely to be lots of climbing? long ‘draggy’ / short and sharp?
    • Smooth, twisty, Rooty, rocky, lots of single-track, room to overtake / be overtaken?
    • How does it hold up to rain?

Aside from wanting an insight into what to expect, I am in the process of changing my bike; I would like to stick to a HT / possibly 29r as they work will for where I ride most (Kinver, Wyre Forrest, Clent) and which worked fine for last year’s Newcastleton ‘12 hours of Exposure’ course. However! – I got a bit battered after 7 / 8 hours on the Torq in your sleep course at Minley Manor – so I may consider / borrow a full sus if the course demands.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

beej

Not ridden there, but it’s very close to where I live – about 8 miles away. We don’t have rocks, we don’t have big hills. I’m guessing it’ll be a bit Gorricky, wooded singletrack with fire road sections.

njee20
    Free Member

That’s about it.

I really like it (in the dry). Fairly flat, a few draggy climbs, nothing steep. I’d call it rolling. Very loamy, lots of fast flowing singletrack. I imagine it’d be good fun for a 24, shame it’s only the solo champs. There’s a few technical features they can include, but nothing horrendous. No rocks, a few roots.

Not great in the wet it must be said. Parts get claggy and slippery, other parts just get very ‘wet’ if you know what I mean. 😕

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Wasing Park – any experience of riding / racing round there?’ is closed to new replies.